CHAPTER 41: I will protect you

Sejal's pov

My sleep broke when i heard the whimpers and groaning at the same time. I stood up from my chair and moved near the bed of my father.

I gave a glass of water. He stared at me like helpless man. I averted my gaze in other direction. I cannot see him like this.

"How is my daughter?? Is she fine?? I can't loose her....she is all i have....."

He cried out by holding his head. Tears gathered into my eyes. I don't know why my heart is paining like that.

I rubbed his back gently.

"Don't worry.....paa....i mean sir....she is now out of danger.....she is sleeping...."- i said with great difficulty.

Within a second he caught my both arms and cried out by touching my palms on his forehead.

"Thank you so much for saving her....thank you....."

Only god knows how my heart shook violently when he cried like that.

My childhood days flashed in my mind where me, papa and mumma spent some beautiful moments together.

Why happiness is short lived in my life??

I slowly pulled my hands back and almost ran from there. I'm breaking slowly. I'm loosing myself. I entered the washroom and locked it properly from inside. Now i broke out in crying by covering my face. I cried by leaning into the door.

I really don't know why he left my mumma like that. He didn't appear as a bad person. I can see kindness and honesty on his eyes. Then why he did that to my mumma???

I still remember the day when my mumma died. I don't know how she died. Did she commited suicide??

I just remember that i was jerking her with my tiny hands but she was not waking up. She was soundly sleeping. I vaguely remember when my papa came in the evening to visit us. My mumma was still sleeping then. When papa saw mumma like that, he broke out in crying madly. I was too small to understand anything. I just remember that next day, that woman who is unfortunately my grandmother told me that my mumma has died. She will never come to see me again.

I still remember those days when i keep waiting for my mumma at the main road. I was unaware about the cruel reality of death. So, i kept my hope alive that one day mumma will come to surprise me. She will again hug me and tickle me.

But she never came!

I cleared my tears. This pain is killing me from inside. I cannot share this pain with anyone apart from my vishnuji.

I stood infront of the mirror and washed my face properly to remove the stains. Suddenly my eyes caught something.

I looked at my neck properly and i can see slight red marks at few places of my neck. I tried to look properly. I don't know from where these marks came. Is it some kind of allergy?

I came out of the washroom and collided with priya.

"Sejal, you know what........"- she stopped in midway while her eyes stopped at my neck.

"What the hell...oh my....you didn't told me that you are having an affair....mmm....naughty girl...."- Priya pushed me by my shoulder and smiled mischievously.

I'm really not in a mood of doing fun right now. Her behaviour irritated me in some way.

"Stop talking nonsense priya...."- i scolded her a little.

"Why would i??? You are having sex and you didn't even informed me...."

I stared at her in shock.

"I....i...don't...know...what....are...you....talking....about..."- i stuttered.