CHAPTER 19: Contagious!!

Sejal's pov

I fell into the ground on my back as his all body weight placed over me. He also fell above me and immediately my breathing stucked. He is so heavy that my back hurts when he fell unconscious over me.

Immediately the villagers helped me by lifting his body from me. I had a stretcher inside my camp. Few of the men run inside the camp and bring that stretcher. Within sometime Prithvi sir has been lifted up by them into the stretcher. The most shocking part is almost 6 men needed to lift the stretcher. He is a bulky man, too much heavy.

After getting inside the camp, i told the villagers to go outside. I immediately placed my palm into his forehead and i was shocked.

His body is set into the fire. I took the thermometer and checked his temperature and it was 105 degree which is the indication of a hyperthermic condition.

I closed my eyes and took deep breathe. I'm a doctor and the first thing we learnt in our profession is to stay calm. Never ever get panick. I continuously took deep breathes to calm down my senses.

His condition is critical. His hypothalamus gland's homeostatic condition is disbalanced. He could even die at this moment. Stroke is a normal outcome of hyperthermia.

I took the jug and within a second spread the whole water into his head.

"Nilima.....bring one bucket of water from the nearby pond...hurry"

Nilima immediately ran outside by holding the bucket.

I went near his legs and removed his shoes. I started to press his sole on various points. Some points are present under the sole which is directly linked to the hypothalamus. I just need to bring back his hypothalamus into a normal state.

"Wha....what...happened to him?"

I turned my face and found prisha mam. She is also in panick.

"He has got hyperthermia....a very high fever condition....i just need to put his fever down...."- i mentioned while massaging his foot.

Nilima appeared at the same time with the water. I took the bucket from her hand and placed just below his head. Then i hold his upper body and pulled him near the bucket. I need to dip his head to the water. But he is so heavy that i failed miserably in first few attempts. I was even unable to wrap his whole chest with my arms. He is so wide as well.

Hey vishnuji!! In which material you made this man??

I looked at nilima.

"Help me nilima"

"Sejal,,,,bhaiya don't like to get touched by anyone of us"- nilima mentioned with a pity face.

"But he is unconscious....he will not know....help me"- i was little irritated.

"Sorry, i can't.."- nilima stated with a fearful face.

Then i looked at Prisha mam.

"Mam, he is so heavy...can you help me to pull him a little?"- i asked him.

"I'm scared.......i can't...."- Prisha mam cried out.

I closed my eyes in helplessness. I stood up and wrapped my dupatta around my belly and then bent over him and immediately i hugged him tightly around his chest and pulled him with full force.

Finally, i was able to pull him and then i went near his head and dipped his head into the water. I sat into the floor and started to wash his hair with the cool water. I keep doing that for almost 30 minutes. Finally i found his temperature is getting down.