CHAPTER 65: Feel The Moist

The women inside the spa is having a relaxing massage and nail treatment  when Carl and Kara appeared from the front door. All of them sat silent for a moment, taken aback by the sudden appearance of this stunningly gorgeous man. Their jaw dropped open.

"Lipat tayo, doon na lang sa sinasabi mo kanina." Mahigpit ang angkla ni Kara sa binata. Sobrang naiirita siya sa mga malalagkit na titig ng mga babae kay Carl. Their eyes seems like stripping every clothes her boyfriend has.

"Ha? Malayo yun dito. Tsaka anong oras na oh? This is the ninety ninth salon na pinuntahan natin. Inabot na tayo ng hapon. Mamaya magsara na lahat ng salon, hindi pa tayo-"

"Eh kasi naman, tignan mo sila. They are..." Nakasimangot niyang sabi sabay buntong hininga.

One of their bucketlist is to have a couple pedicure. Maaga niyang sinundo si Kara para gawin iyon dahil hindi lang iyon ang plano niya sa araw na ito. Pero inabot na sila ng alasingko ng hapon dahil sa pagpapalipat-lipat nila ng salon. He is used of those stares. Kahit naman saan siya magpunta, hindi nawawala ang mga babaeng parang gusto siyang hubaran at kainin ng buhay.

"So ano...lilipat uli tayo?" Nakangiti niyang tanong kay Kara pero sa totoo lang ay malapit na siyang mainis.

Carl is just trying to extend his patience because he doesn't want them to argue over a simple thing. Aside from the fact that he is tired of driving and wandering all over Manila just to find a salon where no women will look at him like that, his toes are also sore. Some time ago he had discovered a secret that many women just don't share on a regular basis, and most men never speak of. After several failed attempts of Gian, his vain friend, he had finally convince him to go in a nail salon for a pedicure. He had just gotten what was arguably the best pedicure and foot massage he had ever had. After that first time, he kicked himself for ever questioning the masculinity of a man that goes to a nail salon. Every few weeks since then, he'd drop by for a half hour of near bliss. A nail tech would take care of his feet, clipping and filing the nails, then follow that with a foot massage. It was very relaxing and it energized him for the rest of the day. He never imagined the good feeling he would have from those routines. After his motorcycle accident, it was two months and a half. He tried to call for a home service, but Kara insisted that they should do it together.

"Sige na nga, dito na lang." Mas lalong humigpit ang angkla ng dalaga kay Carl.

"It's okay, just ignore them. Mata nila yun eh. You can't control every women's eyes. Wala naman silang ginagawang masama sa-"

"They are drooling over you Carl! Nakakainis!" Nagsalubong ang kilay niya saka humigpit lalo ang angkla sa binata.

"Then let them drool, hanggang tingin lang naman sila. Easy...okay? We are here to pamper ourselves." He kissed her head before walking to the counter.

They sat in the chair, slipped their feet into the warm bubbling foot bath and rubbed the arch of one foot with the toes of the other.

"Sarap..." Carl whispered as the nail technician knelt before him and began the ritual of cleansing, sluffing away any dry skin, rinsing and then drying with his left foot. He closed his eyes, thoroughly, lost in the incredible sensations he had missed for two months and a half. Soft, and yet when she started to massage the arch, his heel, ankle and began moving up to his calf, he couldn't help but notice the strength in her fingers.

What the! Fuck!

His eyes flew open as her hands moved higher than a regular pedicurist usually went, and as she touched the back of his knee, he gasped lightly. Carl was feeling slightly indignant at her audacity.

Nilingon niya si Kara, kitang-kita nito kung paano niya titigan ang babae. Kung nakakasugat lang ang pagtitig, malamang nasugat na ang babaeng gumagawa nun kay Carl.