CHAPTER 10: Beat Me First

AMC International School is a total of twenty-hectare lot. The thirty story building composed of one hundred fifty classrooms and faculty rooms is considered as the tallest academic building in the entire Philippines. It also has the biggest Sports Center which is home to an Olympic-sized pool and field oval with balcony. Basketball and volleyball courts with electronic scoreboards. It also has table tennis courts, baseball courts, a dance and martial arts studio, music room, theatre room and different multi-purpose room for variety of school clubs. Ten science laboratories which are equipped with an array of digital sensors for laboratory investigations and robotics. It's a state of the art institution school which featured first-class facilities like ergonomic design classrooms with modern desks and digital whiteboards for teachers. AMCIS campus also hosted the biggest library and auditorium. The campus boasts its regal mocha brick buildings, accented with dozens of beautiful fountains, lush lawns, graffiti wall murals, statues and sculptures. It also includes two owned cafeterias, three known cafes, five famous fast foods and six scattered convenience store.

"Kainis! Bakit ba hindi ako makabalik don?" Kara started to panic, she regretted not listening to Drew.

The area was so big and it's really hard to familiarize it in a single day. Natapilok at nadapa pa siya sa kakamadali niyang maglakad, leaving an abrasion on both of her knees. Mabuti na lang ay wala gaanong nakapansin sa pagkakasubsob niya. It was really a bad day for her.

"May jinx talaga yong bwisit na yon!"

She is referring to Carl. Hindi nagsimula ng maganda ang araw niya dahil sa pambubunggo niya sa kanila. Sumakit pa ang ulo niya sa unang subject. Ngayon naman ay naliligaw siya sa loob ng campus. Naiwan pa niya ang cellphone niya.

Mga sampung minuto na siguro siyang nagpapaikot-ikot. Gusto na niyang magtanong pero naisip niyang kailangan niyang panindigan ang ginawa niyang pagsuway sa bilin ni Drew sa kanya. She will try to find her way back.

"Hey, you seem lost?" Lumapit sa kanya ang isang lalaking studyante.

He was a bit taller than Drew, has eyes that looks like an anime. His hair cut perfectly, very short on the sides with long mane of hair on the top of his head. With a dangling black cross earring on the right ear, a black square stud earring on the left ear, another three piercing on the right upper ear. A skull tattoo on the neck, just below the right ear.

"Ah...medyo. Bago kasi ako dito, first day ko." Sagot ni Kara, medyo alangan na makipag-usap sa lalaking studyante.

"It's normal, ganyan din ako nong kaka-transfer ko lang dito. Ilang beses din ako naligaw. Ang laki kasi ng school natin. Gusto mo samahan kita?"

He got the swag, that silver tongue that makes girls blush and draw maps. Kara is not the kind of girl who fantasize dating bad boys, but she had to admit that this guy got the skills to turn the mind in to mush. Making panties drop, losing all the inhibitions and turning nice girls in to naughty girls are his expertise.

"Kyle Ezekiel..." Nag-abot ito ng kamay, kahit pati sa kamay ay may tattoo ito.

Naalala ni Kara ang bilin ni Drew sa kanya. Na lumayo sa mga kagaya ni Carl, napapaisip tuloy siya kung isa ito sa mga kaibigan ng hambog na nanira ng araw niya.

"Ahmmm..." Nagdadalawang isip ang dalaga kung makikipagkamay ba siya dito. Hindi naman sa natatakot siya, alam niyang kaya niyang ipagtanggol ang sarili sakali mang may gawing hindi maganda ang lalaking ito.

"Kara, right? Huwag kang mag-alala, hindi ako nangangain." Natatawang sabi ni Kyle sa kanya.

"I will bring you to Drew, papunta din ako doon eh. Sa student council office. Let's go? Ah...cellphone mo pala. Naiwanan mo, muntik ko ng makalimutan." Iniabot nito ang cellphone ni Kara.