CHAPTER 85: She Couldn't Count

Kara's father, his wife and Kelly, her little sister were shocked when they saw her right infront of the door. She held Drew's hands with a smile on her face. Ngiting hindi matanggal-tanggal sa mukha niya mula ng umalis sila sa ospital. Kamay niyang pinakawalan lang sandali ang kamay ni Drew para makapagmaneho ang binata pauwi sa bahay nila Kara sa Michigan. He stayed their for two days. And before Erin told him about her illness, Drew had booked a flight going to Michigan. He first went to Kara's Mom in Grand Rapid then drived to Detroit to meet her dad. Two days before flying to Michigan, he went to Batangas to meet Kara's grandmother and grandfather. Makaluma man kung iisipin, gusto ni Drew hingiin ang basbas ng mga taong mahahalaga sa buhay ni Kara. Lalong-lalo na ang ama nito. She's a daddy's girl and even they are in the right age to be a couple, he wanted her father's blessing before they finally be official. Her father agreed for Drew's proposal but they need to finish their residency first before entering the married life. He's not in a rush, long engagement is not a problem. Besides, they are like married couples living together without a legal paper and a label. The only thing left for them is to do intimate things, cuddle like a normal couple do, held hands and submit their selves to one another. He didn't opposed it because he wanted to enjoy the things they haven't done yet. Dates, honeymoon stage with no kids and yes, unlimited earthly things.

"Kelly!" She hugged her little sister without removing her other hand on Drew.

"Tita Rachel!" Ganun din ang asawa ng ama niyang nagsilbing pangalawang ina na niya.

"Daddy!" Pinakahuli man ito, matagal naman niya itong niyakap. Yumakap ng mahigpit ang ama nito. Matagal-tagal niyang hindi nakita si Kara mula nang huli siyang umuwi ng Pilipinas. He just booked a ticket today for his whole family for that supposed to be romantic and well planned proposal. But Kara is here, standing infront of him wearing that diamond ring. She held his dad in one one arm, the other hand was tightly interlocked with Drew's fingers.

"You can't even hugged with two arms? So fond of his fingers, Kara? He won't run away, you little brat! Give his hand a rest. Baka namamanhid na yung kamay ni Drew sa kakahawak mo."

Sita ng ama niya sa kanya pero hindi pa din binitawan ni Kara ang kamay ni Drew. She does not care, they can tease and laugh at her for all they want. Pero she'll hold his hand hanggat gusto niya. It may be a reflex or something silly, but she wanted to do it. Adik na kung adik, but holding his hand gives her unexplainable bliss. She had dreamed it for how many years. At ngayong pwede na niyang gawin ito, wala siyang sasayanging segundo. Hahawakan niya ito, tititigan niya ito, hahaplusin niya ang bawat parte ng mukha nito na para bang wala ng bukas.

Sa hapagkainan, doon ikinwento ni Kara at Drew ang nangyari kung bakit biglang na lang nagpunta ang dalaga sa Michigan. Tawa ng tawa ang ama nito, ganun na din ang asawa niya. Ganun din si Kelly na handang-handa na sa magiging parte niya sa proposal. Hindi na nagpaligoy-ligoy pa ang ama ni Kara at sinabi ang kundisyon niya sa kasal.

"I know you're excited but it's for you and Drew, anak. Starting a family is not a joke. You have to be mentally and emotionally prepared. I am so confident with Drew, but not with you. I can't imagine my not so little girl being a mother at this moment. Hindi ko alam kung ako ba ang hindi ready, but-"

"It's okay daddy, ayoko pa din namang magka-baby. I want to enjoy being with Drew na kami pa lang. I want all his attention. Ayoko ko muna ng may kahati. I want him for myself."

Putol ni Kara sa ama niya. Napangiti na lang si Drew dahil pareho sila ng nasa isip. He wanted Kara for himself. Just the two of them. He wanted to make up for all the time they had lost. The time he had believed that he's in love with Melissa and the time Kara chose Carl over him. Sandaling panahon lang iyon, pero para kay Drew, madami siyang nasayang na panahon. Madami siyang hindi nagawa para kay Kara. Isa na doon ang sabihin sa kanya araw-araw kung gaano niya ito kamahal.