Chapter 61: Slated For An Upgrade

"Here is your package sir," the impala said, laying the box on the counter.

"Thank you," Yuta said, picking it up. There was a good weight to it, but not so much that he was unable to carry it. He took the package out to his fixed car, which Louis had helped pay for, and put it in the trunk. He jumped in the driver's seat and turned the key in the ignition. He drove out of the post office's parking lot and onto the road. He drove for about five minutes to another building, parking on the curb and killing the engine. He stepped out onto the street and pulled open the door to the shop.

"Yuta," Hoki greeted him, a smile slowly spreading across her face as she stepped out from behind the counter. "How are you?"

The aye-aye hugged her friend and the old sheep returned the gesture.

"I'm doing fine," he said. "How's the place?"

"I will say I miss the old one," she said. "But it's mostly out of nostalgia. This new space is fine. Thank god it was empty and I was able to bring all my old machines. Again, I cannot express enough how grateful I am to you and your employer for helping me move my business out of that place."

"It was nothing," Yuta said. "You're kind of like a part of the family now."

"A distant, estranged aunt," she laughed. "But sure. I'll take that."

Yuta smiled. Despite all that was happening she was still trying to keep in good spirits.

"What a mess," she sighed. "Though I have faith that Adler will do his best."

"And the police," the butler added.

"Yeah, well, maybe when they crawl out from under their rock and do something other than wait on paperwork. If not, I feel The Drusk will become just like the Back Alley again. Or worse."

"I don't think anything worse will happen," Yuta said. "The Back Alley didn't have a masked vigilante to take on the gangs."

"You're right," she said. "It had two. That psychiatrist and the Beastar. Look what happened to them."

Yuta stood in the awkward silence for a moment before sighing it off and changing direction.

"Speaking of," he said, after a quick look around to see if anyone was within earshot. "I bring a special request. Perhaps you can assist?"

"What is it?" she asked, excited to help.

"Well," Yuta started but then reconsidered. "Could we discuss this in your office?"

"Of course," she said. "Right this way."

She led him in through the back, where her workers were fixing other suits and dry cleaning others.

"Fumi?" she called. "Watch the front of the shop for me?"

"Yup," the adolescent said, bringing a stitching she was working on with her.

Hiko opened a door and gestured for the sheep to enter. She followed behind and carefully closed the door, watching her tail as she did so. She had never had an office in her workspace before.

"So what is this special request?" she asked, walking to her desk.

"Well there is the original suit," Yuta started. "Which is fine as is, you've been doing a fantastic job mending and keeping it in tip top shape. What he would like, if possible, is a special armor to be sewn into the suit, but keeping the outward appearance the same."

"Out of concern for the increasing injuries he's been receiving during fencing no doubt?" she asked.

Yuta nodded.