Chapter 93: Secrets, Secrets...Oh What Fun...

Masumi stared at the blue-eyed hybrid through the glass. A few months ago he had rigged a trap in this room that sent a bullet through her shoulder and sent another officer to the hospital. He had done so much damage and avoided capture every time. They had finally caught him and his reign of terror seemed close to an end. So why did it feel off? He had requested the methods of restraint, maybe that was why. A venom-proof muzzle to protect them. He was helping them to keep himself contained. Why? What was he planning?

Kira entered with a clipboard.

"I have the results of those blood tests," the owl said. "He is fifty percent grey wolf, twenty-five 4percent hyena-explaining his major hybridization look. Twelve-point-five percent porcupine, six-point-twenty-five percent cougar, three-point-one-hundred-twenty-five percent taipan and the noticeable rest is axolotl, spitting cobra. The decimal places are too small, but those are the most distinct DNA patterns present. There are other patterns but too small to distinguish."

"What is he?" she asked.

"An amalgamation of generations of hybridization," he answered. "And very far along in the stages of Yoshida's disease."

"Say again?"

"He's suffering extensive, long-term organ failure," the medical examiner said. "His small percent of axolotl genes are healing most of the damage but it is increasing exponentially. He's still going to die soon. His medication has been cut, and that decreases his life expectancy in half."

The hybrid's head jerked to the side, rotating at the neck before snapping back into place. At the same time his shoulders twisted with both their own twitch and the force of the head, shaking his handcuffed hands which stiffened and tightened like he had tetanus before reverting back to their natural relaxed state, clasped in front of him as he patiently waited. But for what?

"The tremors have started," Kira stated. "His memory might start to fail in the next month or so."

"He seems to be taking it well," she said.

"He's had twenty years to live and accept his fate," the owl said. "Of course he's behaving that way."

Masumi just stared at him through the glass, arms crossed and feeling somewhat victorious after finally having him. But she couldn't shake the feeling that he was the only one who wanted to actually be here this late. He said he knew where the ex-chairman's wife was, but would only talk to one person about it. They were waiting for him now. The chairman himself was at an undisclosed location chosen by his enigmatic butler, who was looking after him. It would be best if they stayed in one place and hidden. The sheep had left his number to contact them for when any developments happened.

"What time is it?" the hybrid asked.

Masumi looked at Kira before sighing and pressing the intercom button.

"Ten thirty-six," she said.

"I wonder where he is?" Razor asked.

"You're the one that refuses to talk with anyone else," she said. "Not to mention, you say you've already contacted him and we have no way of proving that."

"Also begs the question of how trustful Adler is huh?" he smirked under the muzzle.

"He's a lot more trustful than you," she answered, breaking off the call.

The hybrid made a squelching noise at the top back of his mouth with his tongue and teeth.

"That's the sound his skull made when I pulverized it with my metal baseball bat," he said, making the sickening sound again.

"Ignore him," the owl said, seeing the chief's sudden change in body posture.

The hybrid made the sound again and the horse's body went ridged.