Chapter 91: So Good to Finally Meet You

"Last time," the agent said to him. "Pay attention."

Louis shook all the remaining fatigue from his head and focused on the canine. He had slept halfway through yesterday and had been on and off as his entire sleep schedule had been thrown out of balance. Thank god Yuta had taken care of the letter delivery to the police. Now was the day of action.

"Your only job is to go in and enjoy the show with him," the cursinu said. "No one else will be there but you. No officers will be on site for an hour after the performance starts. Then we'll be there ready to capture him when he exits the theater. We need you to stay by his side and point him out to us. And keep the hostage safe. Got it?"

Louis nodded.

"The only equipment you'll have on you is a small tracking device," the wolf added, placing a small disk into the deer's outstretched hand. "Slip that in your pocket and forget about it."

I know how they work sir, Louis had to catch himself from saying. Damn he was still tired.

"So go," they said. "Enjoy yourself however you can with that psychopath. Leave the rest to us. In fact, it's best if you forget us. When you leave the building is when you should remember again and point him out."

"Got it," Louis said, standing. He readjusted his father's glasses on his nose and took back his suit coat. He straightened his black tie, pinning it to his dark green shirt. He nodded to the officers as he left the room. He took the hallway to the elevator and took it down to the ground floor. He stepped out, his prosthetic feeling very heavy. Azuki hadn't agreed with this plan, but he pointed out it was a chance to catch the terrorist before he did anything worse. She still didn't agree, but demanded that he update her before going into the theater, at intermission, and after the plan was finished. He had agreed to that.

~~~

"Come back with one single scratch," she warned.

"And you'll kill me?" he asked.

"Something like that," she said.

That hug they shared felt like it had lasted forever. It was a little jarring when she broke it off and kissed him. It was like a final goodbye. He didn't really like it, and it seemed foreboding, but he had the utmost faith he'd return to her. Some way.

~~~

He stepped outside and made his way down to Yuta's car, moving past guards posted on the building's entrance. Stepping into the car he breathed deeply. This was it.

"Ready?" the sheep asked.

The deer took another moment to breathe.

"Let's go," he said on the exhale.

Yuta put the car in gear and drove towards the theater, a ten minute drive. Louis would catch a brief moment of shut eye there in the passenger seat. He stretched out his legs, crossed his hands and laid his head back on the head rest. His antlers also seemed heavy. He closed his eyes and kept himself calm without reverting to Adler. It was likely Razor knew, but only a small possibility. He didn't want anything to show.

He felt the car come to a stop and he opened his eyes. Looking out the window he saw the Lunar Opera house and the posters for Adler: God of Death that were posted on the walls. Patrons were idling around outside and inside the entrance as showtime came around. He opened the door and stepped out, pulling on his maroon suit jacket. He turned back to Yuta.

"Until this blows over," he started, but didn't need to finish as the old sheep pulled his coat back, revealing an old mauser pistol. Family heirloom he said. He slipped it in his pocket and looked at Louis. He got the message. Look after Azuki.