Chapter 122: Letter

My dear Shoji,

          Here I am, standing at the edge of an event horizon and there's no way back now. It shades into darkness, then into darker darkness and I can't see beyond that. At this moment, I beg for forgiveness for what I have "sinned"; To some, fictitious God created by power mad conspirators. To a being who I once was, now just a cold shell of disaster. To my heart that no longer beats, but was worn with tiring every single day. 

          All I ever wanted was for the darkness to embrace me and now, it finally will. Despite these misgivings of mine, never forget that I was in love with you. And I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I will love you now and forever. And I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable. We are all doomed and there will come a day when all our labors have been returned to dust. And I know the sun will swallow this husk of the only earth we will ever have. But I loved you.

          I will be with you always and eternally, despite the feet of dirt and miles of space between us.

All my love and more,

~Shoon Kotobuki

(No razorblade attached)