Chapter 118: ... 'til Death Do Us Part

"How the hell are you still alive?!" Louis asked, loud enough that he saw some patrons look their way out of his peripheral. Legoshi being one of them.

"Keep your voice down won't you?" she snapped. "You're drawing attention to yourself, and in that getup, with your normal voice, you're jeopardizing your identity."

Louis just kept staring at her through Adler's mask. He felt the vigilante wrestling for control again, given the killer was literally right there, but Louis was steadfast in keeping control.

"In case it wasn't obvious," Azuki said. "I faked my death. Or rather, Shoon faked my death."

"You," Louis started, trying to wrap his head around what was happening. "You...you, you, you were working for him?"

"Of course you'd think that," she exasperated with a rolling of her eyes. "No, I was going to die, but I saved myself."

"How?" Louis asked, finally lowering his voice. "And why are you working for a fucking serial killing terrorist?"

She shrugged.

"I guess it was a means to survive," she said. "Turns out, I'm pretty good at doing that."

"You need to leave," Louis said, going to grab her hand and take her out of the building. But she pulled her hand away and held it up with her other arm, which she crossed over her midsection.

"I'm not going anywhere," she said. "Shoon has a plan and I'm going through with it."

"Do you even hear yourself right now?" Louis asked.

"Yes," she said.

Louis and Azuki looked eye to eye, and for the first time ever, they also clearly saw the other for who they truly were.

"This is where I belong," she said. "I'm damn good with money. Especially at making it appear and disappear at will. I can also make it untraceable when transferring it from account to account. Paper trails are, not that surprisingly, easy to erase."

"So you're like, what, an accountant?" he asked.

"The Accountant actually," a panther said. The masculine form was in a nice dress very similar to Juno's, but more flowing and with a scarf that would trail after them.

"Reina," Azuki nodded, greeting them and taking a cigarette offered to her by the feminine feline.

"The vigilante bothering you?" the bartender asked.

"No," the doe said, lighting her cigarette. "Believe me I've lived with him for a few years. I can handle him well enough on my own."

"Well the grooms have invited you both to the reception," Reina said. "I think now is a good time to join the crowd."

"Agreed," Azuki said. "You might want to explain things to your date. That wolf is looking a little betrayed and hurt at the moment."

"Which one?" Reina teased.

Azuki joined her giggling and the two women linked arms as they left for the reception, leaving Louis to just stare after his wife. He looked over to Juno and Legoshi, who were both staring at him in the shadows. He went to step towards them, but Adler took over just a little and kept him in the shadows. As such he beckoned for them to join him where he was. The wolves left the crowd of guests moving to the basement and entered the shadows with Louis.

"This complicates things," the deer said.

"Louis?" Legoshi asked, completely dumbfounded. "You're-?"

"We can talk about this later Legoshi," he growled, making the wolf snap his mouth shut. "Why are you here?"