Chapter 94: Engaged Escape

The rhino agent stood watching the hybrid. No sooner had everyone left that the killer stood, rubbing at his right eye.

"How many people have I killed again?" he asked.

"Close to a thousand now," she answered.

"Thousand?" he asked, still rubbing his eye. "Don't really remember all of them. Although there was this one that left me this scar under my eye. It's small, but maybe you can see it."

The carnivore turned to her and she looked. She didn't see a scar, but his blue eye was gone. He had a contact in his hand and a snake eye stared back at her. She became locked in place and entrapped by the reptilian gaze.

"Why don't you come in here and unlock these things," he said. "I can't feel my wrists."

The rhino did as she was told. She walked out of the observation room and into the interrogation room. She lost herself in that one red eye and found herself unlocking his restraints. He rubbed his wrists, not looking away from her.

"Now why don't you give me your gun and security clearance card?" he suggested. 

She couldn't refuse him in her hypnotized state. She handed them over to the hybrid who broke their eye-contact. She regained her senses and panic set in as Razor aimed the gun.

~~~

"What was that?" the officer asked.

"Check it out," the other said.

They both drew their weapons and the doberman left the room. The german shepherd was left in the holding area with the prisoners. 

Shoji looked at the keys clipped to the dog's belt.

~~~

The doberman was in the hallway. There were multiple gunshots and shouts as bullets flew. She was stuck with her other officers facing down the hall as the hybrid rounded the corner, his possessions back with him from evidence. He shouldered his backpack and stood there looking at them for a quick minute. He tightened the tactical belt around his waist.

"Freeze!" the officers yelled.

Razor jumped to the light switch, flicking it off. They opened fire and the shape moved with blinding speed towards them. It was like watching something with a strobe light. Everytime a gun went off, they saw the hybrid advance. He moved and bent like a black ghost. He sliced and cut his way through them with tooth and claw, somehow dodging every bullet.

The canine's gun went out and she reloaded, raising the weapon and listening in the dark. She didn't hear any breathing aside from her own and backed to a wall. She felt her way along towards a light switch. She froze as a squeak sounded through the hall. She fired in that direction, catching the hint of a tail. Continuing on her way, her heart hammered in her throat as she fully realized she was alone. Dead set in her way, she slid along the wall. She felt a breath directly on her face and she fired in sheer panic. Again, she saw the shape of the hybrid and fired after it, not hitting once as her aim was off in the dark. She reached the switch and flipped it on, quickly darting her gun around the hall. He was gone.

She relaxed and leaned back against the wall, breathing raggedly as she tried to recover from carnal fear. She swallowed and continued her panicked breathing, steadying her diaphragm's spasms. She started to cry in relief. But calming down wasn't what she needed. What she needed was to look up, because as soon as she relaxed just the tiniest bit, her shoulder burned with an acidic substance. She screamed out and rolled onto her back, crawling away. Razor hung upside down from his hands with his feet flat on the ceiling. His feline claws were dug in and his fangs were bared. The black venom mixed with his saliva and dripped from his mouth. His forked tongue licked it up as best he could before it fell, but obviously he missed a few drops. He dropped from the ceiling, twisting to land silently on his feet, hunched over on all fours at her level while his tail flicked back and forth viciously . He looked at her, and she looked back. His mouth snapped open wider than she thought possible and he lunged.