Chapter 1

This is where the fun begins >:)

"Sorry!" Velvet yelled, stumbling out of the shed. "I hope, um, it won't take too long to fix and clean!" He ran out, sprinting across a field.

Finally. I made it. The Dream SMP. Velvet only heard tales of the place. Sure, he knows there were wars and all that but now, they were in peace. More importantly, everyone was free to be whoever they want without judgement because everyone else was different too. No other place in the world was like that.

Velvet stopped running once he made it to the area known as the Badlands. Velvet looked around at the tall buildings made of rare materials, designed magnificently. The sky was clear, the sun shining brightly with only thin wisps of clouds. He inhaled, breathing the fresh air and sighed. Some people were walking around staring at him, an obvious new comer. He waved at them eagerly, smiling while they gingerly waved back.

Everything there was beautiful, perfect.

Well, red vines were growing on some of the towers but besides that, everything looked amazing.

Velvet stepped forward into the street when he was suddenly pulled back by his hoodie. He regained his balance and glanced at the person who pulled him.

She was about the same height as him, maybe a bit shorter. It was hard to tell with her puffy hair that was strangely half black, half white. She wore a red coat with gold linings and a captain hat, two curved horns coming out from the sides of her head.

"What's your problem?" Velvet hissed. "Did you really have to yank me back that hard?" He rubbed the front of his neck where the collar tugged against.

"Oh I'm sorry from saving you from that ditch you idiot." The girl spat back. That was when Velvet noticed there was a one by one hole straight down to a large pit of lava.

"What the- oh my god, what is that?" Velvet said, shocked.

"The result of people being lazy, and simply hoping that people wouldn't be dumb to fall in them. It's all over the SMP after the explosion." The other girl rolled her eyes. "You're new, aren't you?"

Velvet looked up at her. "How'd you know?"

"It's obvious, no one on who's been here through the wars is dumb enough to fall in a hole, it's the oldest trick in the book, everyone knows to avoid it." She said. "I'm Puffy, what's your name?"

"Velvet." He shook her hand. "Um, don't mean to be rude but your horns-"

"Half sheep." Puffy shrugged. "So you're new eh?" Velvet nodded. "I'll show you around. Here, I'll give you some armor and a sword."

She handed him her emergency set of iron armor and a diamond sword. He put it on and examined the sword before turning back to her.

"Thanks, this is nice." He grinned and she smiled back.

"Come on, let's get a move on." She said. She then cast an uneasy glance around.

"What are you looking at?" Velvet asked, looking around as well, confused.

"Hm. Nothing you have to worry about yet." Puffy said. "Let's go."

Puffy took him around the area, showing him the major buildings and introducing him to some people they passed. She also taught him about the history and what happened in the war that affected the city, along with the other areas of the Dream SMP.

The sun had set, and Puffy was teaching Velvet about fighting and survival techniques. Velvet was surprised at how good she was at sparring and was trying his best but lost every single time. Eventually, they took a rest as requested by Velvet.