Epilogue

Hi everyone!

Let's just jump right into the epilogue, shall we?

It was pouring, the rain coming down hard. It splattered against the window, making a constant 'pitter patter' and the sky was a dark grey.

Inside, away from the rain, sat a cat, staring out the window at the rain.

Ant made no sound, simply looking out into the rain. His tail waved back and forth anxiously, yet his face showed no emotion. His ears were down and his mind was spinning.

Is he okay?

It's been 4 hours...

When will he come back?

I hate the rain... it's cold, I just want to cuddle with him.

Maybe I should've gone with them, was that mistake?

UGH WHERE ARE THEY? WHERE IS HE?

OH MY GOD THE RAIN NOISE IS SO ANNOYING-

The sound of the door swinging open caught his distraction. Red! Ant thought happily. Or Velvet was his real name, but to Ant, he would always be Red.

His Red.

The stupid red of the egg was not his red.

Velvet IsCake was his Red.

And he was his Ant.

"Red!" Ant cried out happily, shooting up and running to him. "You're back!" (Imagine if it wasn't Red and it was someone from the Eggpire, let's say Bad here to kill him and tell him Red's dead-/J/J)

"Hey Anty." Red said back, chuckling, catching the shorter in his arms lovingly. He kissed his hair, inhaling his scent. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Ant snuggled into him. "Can we cuddle now?"

"Sure." Red smiled, the two walking to the sofa when Red winced. Ant noticed it and furrowed his brows before sighing.

"Okay, where are you hurt and why didn't you tell me?" Ant crossed his arms.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine-" Red said, confused.

"Don't lie to me Red." Ant said strictly. Red sighed.

"Pulled a muscle on my leg, stab wound on lower abdomen and cut on my head." Velvet muttered, admittedly.

"WHAT? STAB WOUND?" Ant yelled. "How? What did you- oh."

"Yeah, we found the egg, Bad and Skeppy. Your predictions were correct." Red grinned. "We brought it down."

"You- you did it!" Ant cried happily, jumping at Red who winced again. "Sorry, sorry, sorry." Ant retracted quickly.

"It's fine." Red said.

"Here, I'll help you." Ant said, helping him to the sofa. Red sat down slowly, painfully. Ant frowned.

"What's the matter love?" Red asked.

"I should've been there. I wish I could just get over my fear of rain and come, maybe I could've helped and you wouldn't be as hurt, I'm sorry Red, I should've been there-" Ant said, tears forming in his eyes.

"Ant." Velvet said strictly but softly. "It's okay. I wouldn't bear if you got the littlest bit hurt."

Ant smiled slightly, wiping away the tears. "Ok. Let me get the First Aid kit, I'll help you clean up." Ant said, walking to their bathroom and pulling out the box hidden under their sink. He went back Red.