Chapter 13

AAAAAAAAAAAAA HELLO! :D I HOPE YOU'RE DOING GOOD!

Thank you all so much for the 600 reads, you're all helping me grow so fast so thank you so much, everyday I wake up and see all your votes and comments, and thank you a lot for the support, for being there, it really makes me smile :) Also, yeah, feel free to comment anytime you want.

Anyways, onto the story-

Velvet sat up, stretching his arms tiredly. He reached over his bedside for his headphones, placing them on his head first thing like he did every morning.

He climbed out of bed, heading downstairs. Puffy was nowhere to be seen, so Velvet just walked over to her chest, pulled out the sleeping potion and drank it. He sighed once he felt the potion's effects begin working on him and he began to get ready for the day.

After changing, brushing his hair, eating something and packing his bag, he walked out of the house, deciding to meet with the Eggpire.

Velvet walked down the pathway leading to the mansion, none of the lights on. He assumed that they were all running an errand together. He knocked on the door, waiting patiently for whoever was left behind to guard the egg to open before the door opened.

"Antfrost?" Velvet said questioningly, seeing the cat standing in front of him.

"Hey Velvet." Antfrost said quietly.

"You're staying behind today?" Velvet asked, walking in as Antfrost backed away, letting him.

"I wasn't supposed to, Punz was meant to but Bad saw how red I was and assumed I was sick, he didn't let me go out." Ant explained.

"Bad really does care for you." Velvet murmured thoughtfully.

"Of course, we're family." Ant smiled, expression a bit confused. "He's like my father."

"I don't think that's good." Velvet found himself saying. "Your father wasn't exactly the best person." Velvet threw a hand over his mouth. "Sorry. Forgot your relationship with him wasn't exactly..."

"I don't remember him." Antfrost said bluntly.

"You don't?" Velvet tilted his head.

"No." Antfrost looked up. "My childhood memories are mostly a blur."

"Well, I can help you with that maybe." Velvet said. "Remember, you said the small things can help you remember things. Maybe I can trigger enough memories to come back that you remember."

"That'd be nice." Ant smiled.

"Alright. How do we start?" Velvet asked.

"That's your choice, I'm not the one who remembers it." Ant grinned.

He's acting nice again...Velvet thought with a smile.

"Alright then." He grabbed Ant's paw, making the other blush. "I know exactly what to do!" Velvet yelled, dragging him to the kitchen in the mansion.

"What are you doing?" Ant asked as Velvet began digging through their drawers, pulling out different ingredients and items from the fridge and cupboard.

"Taking out materials. A while ago, I noticed you have all the ingredients to bake a special snack you and me used to make all the time and eat." Velvet explained, continuing to grab ingredients.

"Do you need any help?" Ant tilted his head.

"Um, do you have any vanilla extract?" Velvet asked, taking out a muffin tray. "This works I guess." He mumbled.

"Yeah, it's in the basement in the cupboards. Bad doesn't use it a lot and none of us cook so we just put it there. I'll go find it for you." Ant said, walking downstairs.

"Thanks cutie." Velvet called after him.

Antfrost has been different lately. Velvet thought organizing the items on the small kitchen island. He's acting more and more like he used to, like the cat I once fell in love with. Velvet smiled. That's nice. I miss him.

Velvet's thoughts faded away as he heard a loud commotion from the basement. Velvet shot up instantly, bolting to the basement where the noise and Antfrost was.

Velvet found Antfrost on the floor, clutching his foot desperately while several cardboard toppled over around him.

"Antfrost!" Velvet gasped. Before he could step back, Velvet saw a long tentacle like fine tap Ant on the shoulder softly before helping him to his feet. The tentacle after like a crutch as Ant waddled to Velvet and fell in his arms.

Velvet held him carefully, staring at the vine, his eyes following it back to his base to the egg. Velvet's eyes widened. The egg was ginormous, it had the shape of an egg but it looked nothing like an egg. It was a dark crimson red, think and thin vines alike exploring the surface of the shell. Velvet could see hints of bright orange seeping through come places. A vine came up to Velvet, reaching up. Velvet stared at it nervously before it patted him on the head softly.

Velvet smiled at it before helping Antfrost up the stairs. The egg likes me? I can go to it now...I can execute the plan now... Velvet smiled at the realization as he sat Ant on a dining chair.

"You okay? You need to be more careful." Velvet said as Ant took out a potion and drank it. Once the potion was empty, he let out a long breath.

"I'm fine." Ant rolled his eyes. "Don't worry so much. Also, here's your vanilla extract." Ant tossed Velvet the bottle before standing up. "Let's start the baking now, yeah?"

"I guess, be careful with it though, you just hurt your ankle." Velvet made a worried face.

"Relax, the potion heals it completely." Ant said.

Velvet began teaching Antfrost how to bake the cupcakes in the special way the two of them came up with. The overdose of sugar, replacing regular flour with almond flour for Ant's allergies(again, not real or canon, I just felt like it) the extra quarter cup of milk, the 2 tablespoons for velvet powder, etc. Ant's eyes were filled with amazement and interest the whole time while Velvet taught him and watched the shorter with awe.

He's adorable...I just want to pet him. Velvet smiled as he and Ant put the cupcakes in the oven, setting a timer for 30 minutes. Velvet watched the way Ant moved, the way he talk and the way his tail kept flipping when he was happy or the way his ears went down when he was sad.

Velvet was in love but he was falling deeper.

He only smiled lovingly as the other boy ranted on and on, helping to clean up the mess they made on the counter.

Then, Velvet found he couldn't control himself.

Velvet raised his hand up, suddenly patting the furry boy's head softly. Antfrost suddenly stopped moving and talking, his face growing red.

Ant began purring.

Velvet stood there, stunned, continuing to stroke the other's head softly, slowly feeling happier with every stroke. Red danced across Velvet's cheeks, the two boys simply enjoying each other's presence before they both heard the door click.

Instinctively, the two boys whipped their heads at each other. They both blushed more furiously as Velvet grabbed his bag, threw it over his head and bolted out the door, the other Eggpire member's watching him run away, confused.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god  Repeated in his head. That did not just happen.

Velvet sighed, ceasing his running as he stood in the middle of a large allium flower field. He let himself lie down and drown in the music of his headphones that he set to max volume. He faded away into his own world, his fantasy.

He faded away, sleeping under the sun in the flower field.

---

When Velvet woke up, he opened his eyes groggily. By now, the sun was setting on the horizon. That was the first thing he noticed.

The second thing was the two large eyes, staring down at him.

Welp, that's it, I hate this chapter, I had no idea on what to do so here's this trash :D

Imma go eat dinner now but I hope you enjoyed the chapter :D Take care everyone and see you tomorrow!