Chapter 10

...I'm alive

Hiya! How are y'all doing? I'm back with another chapter!

Also, here's a book that doesn't get nearly enough attention, read it please because it's good, I'm not trying to take credit here, it's not by me, I don't know the author who made it personally I just found this book and noticed that barely anyone read it even tho it's good so yeah, go read it

I'm just rambling here, the book it called Royal Venom by aurxlian or Aurora(bc you can't copy and paste from here so-)

Go read it, it's a good book and yeah, they have a nice touch of dnf(yes I really said that as a Georgebur shipper-) and their Velvetfrost dynamic is cute ok- just- yeah-

Onto the story now lol

"Wait, really?" The voice was skeptical.

"Yeah, it wasn't that hard Ponk. Just noticed how you were left at home to protect the egg." Velvet said nonchalantly. "And the rest is history. Easy."

"Says you who yelled at a 'ghost'" Ponk snorted as he came out of a portrait hanging on the wall(I just watched Encanto okay)

"You heard that conversation?" Velvet blinked at him.

"Well, yeah. You guys are loud." Ponk said. "You can hear everything through these walls."

"Everything." Velvet raised an eyebrow.

"I know everything about your game of Truth and Eye with Hannah like the time you-" Ponk started.

"Okay I get the point." Velvet said, talking over him.

"Wow, didn't peg you for the guy to be embarrassed." Ponk snickered.

"I'm not! I just-" Velvet paused. "It's complicated."

"Complicated my butt, I don't care, you're a wuss." Ponk said, glaring at him. "And a baby for Antfrost. Simp. That's what you are."

"Wha- you're the one hiding in the walls instead of coming out to defend the egg!" Velvet sputtered, his face bright red. He's not sure why he's so embarrassed about that but he rambled on anyways.

"We're back to this topic are we Velvet?" Ponk said challengingly.

"We never finished with it." Velvet growled.

"Well what do you plan to achieve out of this?" Ponk asked, titling his head.

"I just want to know why you hide in the walls instead of being confident like the others!" Velvet said, exasperated.

"Why do you care?" Ponk spat.

"I'm curious! But now you're being so defensive about it!" Velvet shot.

"It's a topic I don't want to talk about, okay?" Ponk's voice suddenly went cold. Velvet froze at the sudden change in mood. "Just stop." Velvet released and slowly walked up to Ponk, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"You good?" Velvet asked quietly. Ponk shook his head.

"I'm not strong like the others." Ponk whispered. "Bad, Antfrost, Punz, even Hannah are more intimidating than me! I'm just small, no ones scared of me."

Don't think the 'even Hannah' part was necessary but not the time. Velvet thought.

"I was always the weak one, the one incapable of taking care of myself!" Ponk said, glaring up at Velvet again with wet eyes. "'Oh Ponk, you're so tiny and cute, you're not a threat to anyone! I won't let you be a guard, they'd break in easily, you're too nonthreatening and adorable, just want to pinch your little cheeks. Look at Bad and Ant, they're much more suitable. Don't look at me with that face Ponk, you look even more pettable.'"