☔︎︎Chapter Twelve: Patterns☔︎︎

Niklaus and I backed away from each other as he handed the knife back to me as I sighed in deep relief that he didn't see my family crest engraved on it

Niklaus and I backed away from each other as he handed the knife back to me as I sighed in deep relief that he didn't see my family crest engraved on it. I was being sloppy with my tactics, he was distracting me and I wouldn't let him get away with it anymore. I stepped forward pushing him away as his eyes glanced up and down my body.

"Stay out of my way, Vlàcov alright?" I warned as he narrowed his eyes at me in question at my boldness,

"Is that supposed to be a threat, alright then I'll play along." He mused sarcastically, "Or what darling devil?"

"I'll aim the knife lower and I won't miss," I smirk and he falters for a moment as I make my way back to my room to fetch Blythe.

"Did you get it?" she asks in anticipation,

"Of course." I beam, "now let's go before Patricia or Mr Elvis awakens."

Suddenly the others flood into the room as I hold the key in the air and turn around, "your little games seem a little mediocre so far don't you think?"

"Oh darling, bless your heart." Martina sighs sympathetically placing a hand on my shoulder, "because this is only the beginning."

"I can't believe you actually did it." Rune scoffs with a slight laugh, "I mean we have a bunch of spare keys to the attic but we just wanted to see if you were Marx House material."

These assholes.

"Wait a damn minute." I pause lifting a finger, "you guys had the keys the whole time and you never said anything?"

"Sorry girl, we just wanted to call your bluff." Sade apologizes, "but it didn't work and that's a good thing."

"She barely made it, don't praise her just yet she hasn't earned it." Nik interjects making his way out the door, "tiny pretty things like her have to learn to work for it, now let's go."

I noticed the way they always seemed to listen to Niklaus no matter what, yes they laughed with him and were friendly most of the time but when it came down to it they knew their place before him. I wondered why that was, I wondered what kind of power he had over them.