☔︎︎Chapter 29: Forbidden kisses and near misses☔︎︎

I was helping Niklaus pack his clothes for our trip, I had already packed and I was used to packing my brother's bags all the time

I was helping Niklaus pack his clothes for our trip, I had already packed and I was used to packing my brother's bags all the time. Boys were very bad at packing things, I had discovered. One time Dmitriyi wanted to pack a
T-shirt and a pair of jeans on his five day trip to Poland.

What on earth would then men in my life do without me? Gone, they would simply be gone. I proceed to pack a couple of shirts for him in colour coordination.

Nik was watching me from his spot on the floor curled up with a copy of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.
I cannot believe he wore socks to bed, what kind of person wore socks on their feet when trying to sleep? Heathen.

"What's your favourite quote so far?" I ask him and he lifts his clear framed glasses, his eyes glistened with amusement.

"It is not everyone,′ said Elinor, 'who has your passion for dead leaves." He narrates as I watch his mouth,

"Are you willing to elaborate on what that means to you?" I ask him and he gives me a weak smile shaking his head in refusal.

"Not a chance, darling girl." He assures me.

"That's okay, well My favourite quote was..." I begin trying to recall the words, "If I could but know his heart, everything would become easy."

"Why do I feel like there was some subliminal message in that sentence?" He ponders with a lazy smirk, "come here."

He reaches his hand out to me and I take it as he pulls me into his lap and I laugh as he tickles me till tears of mirth gather in the corners of my eyes. "Stop!" I laugh, "okay okay I'm sorry stop!"

"Look at me Nadezhda." He says with a smile once he stops, when I lock eyes with him he places my hand over his beating heart. "You don't realize it now, but you know my heart, far better than anyone I've ever known, and my heart knows you."

"Swear it?" She asks with doe eyes glancing up at me,

"I swear it, darling." I assure her, "it's yours."

She lifts his head to kiss me, her lips are soft and plump moving lazily against my own, her tongue entangles with my own in a gentle dance of longing and adoration. I tangle my fingers in the loose curls of her hair, as she placed herself in my lap straddling my waist.