☔︎︎Chapter 44: Mission accomplished ☔︎︎

Play any song from Taylor's reputation album for this chapter

Play any song from Taylor's reputation album for this chapter...literally.

Later that night

Niklaus's lips on mine gave me peace, I adored the feeling of his weight on top of me. His lips tasted like honeyed wine and sunshine, he kissed me like his very salvation depended on it. His skin tasted of salt and heat against mine, I trailed my fingertips down his back, he shuddered under my touch. I attached my lips to his neck and he sucked in a sharp breath, I watched his almost pained expression when my teeth touched his skin.

"Nadya..." he whimpered and I wrapped my legs around his waist, I kissed him hungrily, like I'd never kissed him before. I wanted it to mean something. "Nadya..."

"Hm?" I questioned, I could tell he was holding back and not giving himself to me fully, so I rolled on top of him so I was taking the lead, I pinned his arms down on either side as my curls fell over my face and clouded my vision.

"We cannot." He groans holding my hips in place, he lifts in teasing yet condescending eyebrow in suspicion. I move my hips and make sure he feels it but he sighs deeply but gives me no reaction.

"Why not?" I pout in disappointment, he frees his hand grabbing hold of of my ring finger and showing me the promise we made. "Oh."

"Exactly, oh." He laughs sitting up and hugging me in his lap burying his face in my neck. "I want to do things right by you."

"But we already messed up, remember?" I remind him making a rather inappropriate gesture with my hand which he blushes at the memory of. "So what does it matter?"

"It matters to me." He clarifies, "and I shouldn't have let any of that happen so soon, that was wrong."

"So what we can't kiss now?" I ask him slightly frustrated,

"We can kiss but we cannot go further until the wedding." He explains, "which is happening once our friends get back and after the New Years mission."

"Wow..." I sigh falling on the bed with a smile, his eyes glistening in the faint moonlight.