☔︎︎Chapter 39: My Tears Ricochet ☔︎︎

❦Play my tears ricochet by Taylor swift for this chapter for a better experience!!

Play my tears ricochet by Taylor swift for this chapter for a better experience!!

TW: this chapter discusses sensitive topics

"Tried to stop who?" He asks her but just then the door creeks open and a pair of heels clatter against the wooden flooring as a woman I've never seen before walks in.

Her skin is honeyed with a natural tan, her hair is thickets of loose brown curls and her eyes, are pools of sterling silver swimming in gold. She wears a black cotton trench coat and a marine blue apron dress, her jewellery was what caught my eye- emeralds and amethyst complimented her as if they existed solely for the purpose of pleasing her. Her attire was obviously designer, Prada to be exact. Everything about her was sharp, her features were extremely defined; her nose, her cheekbones, and her gaze alone was enough to humble everyone around her.

She had a faint dusting of freckles on her nose, I knew those freckles, I'd woken up and seen them every day since I got here. She held in her hands a box.

"Niklaus." She spoke, she had a loud and clear voice, like water down a rushing stream.

"Mother." He responded and I immediately understood the tense atmosphere in the room, he stood up and walked up to her, he moved just like her, with his head held high. He was an entire foot taller than her but you'd think they were the same height with the confidence they exuded.

"I just spoke to your father." She said clearing her throat, not even bothering to ask to speak to him in private.

"As in you and him, in the same room talking with words?" He mocks and she purses her lips in annoyance.

"I know what you're planning to do and-" she begins but he immediately cuts her off.

"If you're attempting to advise me, or stop me you're twenty-one years too late. I rather find that having relied solely on my own judgement for most of my life, that your input would be a needle in a haystack, a pain in the side and irrelevant." He expresses and she lets out a bitter laugh,