three.

The next day, everyone, but Dale, T-dog, and I, went off to find Sophia. I offer to stay back to continue to scavenge the cars for anything we could use. Truthfully, after being alone for months, I'm having trouble being around other people. So, I'm making myself useful in other, quieter ways.

I find myself wondering if James was still alive. I should've listened instead of being so hardheaded yet again. I should've stayed. Shoulda. Coulda. Woulda.

How is my dad faring in this? I was already struggling accepting that he was dying on me, years after I had lost mom. I'm only 25 and lost the people who brought me into this world.

I kick the closest tire in anger. "Fuck!" Why am I so damned stubborn?! Maybe I wouldn't have been alone for so long, I thought as I felt a stray tear. I reach up to wipe it away. I hate crying. I hate appearing weak.

"Did the tire do something to offend you, Vanessa?"

Surprise shocks my body, I spin around to find Dale, watching me curiously, again.

"No, just thought I saw a snake. False alarm." I suggest. Georgia had snakes, right? Way to go, lying to people who were trying to help you.

Dale doesn't seem convinced but didn't push. "I hope they get back soon; T-dog isn't doing well."

I glance over to him, finally seeing him. If I didn't just overhear him and Dale talk amongst themselves, I would've had him pegged as one of the dead.

Dale explains that they must've encountered the same herd that chased me into the woods, and T-dog cut himself on a car as he was trying to hide. They haven't had any success finding any suitable meds in any of the cars. Shaking my head, unable to come up with anything to say.

BANG!

Grabbing the knife from my boots, I rush to side of the woods, playing with the idea of running in blind.

"They must've put a walker down. They will be fine." Dale offers from behind me. Shrugging, I turn around, letting that answer suffice.

I return to my original task at hand, searching the cars. I had to stay busy, trying to ignore the sinking feeling in my stomach.

Hours later, Daryl, Glenn, Carol, and Andrea reappear, meeting us at the RV, with news that Carl was shot

Hours later, Daryl, Glenn, Carol, and Andrea reappear, meeting us at the RV, with news that Carl was shot. From listening to Daryl and Glenn recount the events, Rick and Shane left to get him looked at by another family of strangers. A girl with brown hair came through on horseback, saving Andrea from a walker, and took Lori to her husband and son. She left with directions to the farmhouse before leaving the others behind.

"I won't do it. We can't just leave." Carol pleads with everyone that's present.

"Carol, the group is split. We're scattered and weak." Dale counters, trying to get her to see reason, shaking his head.

I sit on the hood of the nearest car, cleaning my knife and letting them hash out a plan. I don't know these people, and I'm not getting in the middle of it. I'm some stranger anyway.