thirtyseven.

I ride next to the truck, enjoying the wind blowing in my hair. Though, it's hotter than hades left nut, the breeze kisses little goosebumps along my skin. I wave at Abraham, smirking. I watch as he mutters something to Sasha and Daryl. Sasha smiles in my direction. I, for one, am glad I'm not squeezed into that damn thing. I don't mind riding in cars, but I like my space as much as the next person. Maybe more. Peace and feelings of content run high through my veins. We are fucking home free.

Though, the peace is quickly cut short as we round the bend. We are met with a gang on bikes, aiming weapons at us as we come to stop. Swearing, I hang my head, scowling. If it's not one fucking thing it's another. I just want to get fucking home.

Their leader gestures to us, smirking. "Why don't you come on out, join us in the road?" I kick my legs over my bike, stalking to meet my friends in front of our vehicles. My boots clacking along the pavement, I cross my arms, staring him down. "That's great. It's going well right out of the gate. Now, step two, hand over your weapons." He dismounts from his motorcycle, strutting towards us.

"Why should we?" Daryl growls.

The leader comes to stop in front of my archer, "well, they're not yours."

"Whose are they?" Sasha inquires.

He smiles. "Your property now belongs to Negan. And if you can get your hands on a tank, you're people our person wants to know. So let's get those sidearms, shall we? Right now." I watch in the corner of my eye as Daryl and Sasha complies. I purse my lips as he moves to stand in front of Abraham. "If you have to eat shit, best not to nibble. Bite, chew, swallow, repeat. It goes quicker." He grins, taking Abe's weapon from him. "Thank you." He stops in front of me, holding out his dirty grubby hands.

"I don't have any. Someone already took it." I snarl, the weight of my final knife hidden on my person suddenly feels heavy. His eyes flick behind me.

"We take the bike then. That's yours, right princess?"

"Over my dead body, asshole." I seethe. He chuckles.

Sasha takes his attention off of me, "who are you people?"

"I get the curiosity, but we have questions ourselves. And we'll be the ones asking them while we drive you back to wherever it is you call home. Take a gander at where you hang your hats. First, though, your shit. What have you got for us?" The nameless leader returns to his own bike, mounting it again.

"Yeah, you just took it." Daryl spits.

"Come on. I mean, can we not, okay? There's more. There is always more." He motions to one of his cronies, "T, take my man to the back of the truck, start inside the back bumper, work your way to the front. Go. Bite, chew, swallow, repeat." I take a step, trying to protect Daryl when Abraham grabs my arm, rooting me in place. I glower at the stranger escorting my boyfriend out of sight. I bring my glare to the assholes in front of us.

"Who's Negan?" Abraham questions.

"Ding, dong! Hell's bells." He sings out, "you see, usually we introduce ourselves by just popping one of you right off the bat. But you seem like reasonable people. I mean, you're sportin' dress blues, for Christ's sake." He points his gun at the redhead to my left. "And, like I said, we're gonna drive you back to where you were. I mean, do you know how awkward it is carpooling with someone whose friend or friends you've just killed?" I roll my eyes as he makes a sour face. "Oof. But I told you not to ask any questions. And then what does this ginger do? So that's that. I don't want you to get the wrong impression of me." I straighten up upon hearing the hammer clicks. I'm sick of being threatened every time I turn around.

"Wait. Wait. You don't have to do this." Sasha pleads.

"Shut up." Abe orders to the darker woman.

"I am talking to the man."