ninetytwo.

I stalk out of the Barrington house with little to no sleep and more questions than answers. Last night, Daryl had confessed to that we had briefly met the night I had ran into Shane and Carol. But why can't I, for the life of me, knock the memory loose? I'm pretty sure I had memorized the ceiling inside the room I've been staying in while I had attempted to recall what he spoke about. I was taken aback when he continued to admit that he had left some food when he'd find where I was hiding out, not wanting to make himself known. The gun I had when Sophia went missing was left in a house he thought I would hit at some point; he planted it in hopes it might someday find itself in my possession. Spoiler alert - it did! That same gun saved my ass more times than I could count before Rick had saved me. That was Daryl's when the world fell. Daryl saved me before he knew my name. He mentioned offhand about the look in my eyes; something that made his world stop spinning when our gazes locked. Daryl isn't a hopeless romantic, so how exactly could I have made such an impression on the redneck in a span of several seconds? I know I'd remember Merle if I saw or heard him that night; that man is next to impossible to forget. Daryl, too, is very unforgettable, so why can't I fucking recall that moment?

After Daryl's confession and listening to his memory, I had excused myself for the night. I needed a moment to wrap my head around it. I had crawled into bed, laying between the twins, unable to find the comfort I usually do when I cuddle with my tiny humans. I feel horrible that I haven't had a lot of time with them since returning to Hilltop, and now I'm about to extend that time a little bit more to warn The Kingdom. However, they've been seeking out Daryl more and more, beginning to grow more comfortable around their father. In the few times I set aside to spend time with the twins, they would gush over the conversations they would share him. My heart melts every time, happy they are able to mend the bridge between them. I never should have allowed Charlee to take them away from him; but I wasn't in the correct head space to argue with her. All I wanted was revenge. The lifetime award for shitty parenting goes to me.

I know I don't need to ask Tara for her blessing to leave, but I want to reassure her that I will return; she had asked me to bring justice for Jesus, and I will try like hell, but right now, The King needs warned before people start traveling to his domain.

I spot Tara standing on lookout with Yumiko at her side. Sighing, I walk over, taking the ladder up. They both glance over curiously at my sudden appearance. I lean against the gate, peering out into the open field, feeling awkward that I might've interrupted a discussion that they were sharing. Without peering back over at Tara, "I'm heading to The Kingdom early. Zeke needs warned about the skin walkers. I'll ask Charlee to come with me, so I won't be alone."

In the corner of my eye, I observe as she nods, "good idea. It's good to have you back, Ness."

I smirk, "it's good to be back." I turn my gaze to the brunette that had once attacked us under The Governors orders, but quickly changed sides, aiding Glenn in returning to him to his wife. As angry as I was when I found out, I forgave her. She didn't know that she had a wolf in sheep's clothing leading her small group. Some people just can't read people really well, while others are just too charming, that you just ignore all the red flags glaring at you. It finally clicks in my head - Lydia just might be as much of a victim as Tara, and we let her stay. "You know, about Lydia -"

"Open the gate," an urgent voice drags my attention back to the open field, interrupting my thoughts. With unease creeping along my spine, Yumiko grabs the binoculars while I shield the sun out of my eyes with my hand, ignoring Tara and Yumiko frantically talking amongst each other. I watch Connie and Kelly walk towards the gates, but goosebumps break out along my flesh,  seeing walkers approaching Hilltop, Kelly. walks ahead of them unknowingly. I put my fingers between my pink lips, letting out a whistle. Kelly's gaze finds me before peering over her shoulder. She eyes grow wide at the sight behind her; she rushes towards the doors, quickly letting herself in. I let out a string of curses as the walkers begin to march in formation towards the gates. What the fuck?