sixtyone.

My eyes locate Kelly positioned a few yards away, then finding Charlee and Tori lurking behind him. I observe as he brings the radio to his mouth, "be safe in there, Ness. Call us in if you need us." His unmistakable voice flows out of the walkie talkie attached to my hip.

I click the radio loose, bringing it to my lips. "Got it." I mumble back, without taking my line of sight off of him. "Give 'em hell, Kells." I return it to my side without another word.

Rick wanted to hit the inside of this outpost with just the three of us, but that plan didn't sit right with me; something didn't feel right. I had brought it to his that we needed Kelly and my friends on call just in case shit hit the fan. We need the chaos twins on our side for back up. Tori has also proved to be just as merciless as I've become, so I brought in my big sister. She was caught off guard when I told her I wanted her with us on this mission, though agreeing once I ran down Rick's plan. I'm thankful that we finally mended the bridge between us that separated us all of our years. Who knew it would take the dead walking among us to bring us back together?

Dwight mentioned and promised to Daryl that there were guns inside of this building. If they are, this place is going to be crawling with saviors. I'd rest better knowing we had back up. Rick and Daryl agreed, seeing my point and logic.

Kelly nods at my message, meeting my eyes before putting his fingers in his mouth, letting out an ear splitting whistle. He raises his gun, cutting down a few saviors that were running in his direction. Charlee runs headfirst, dancing out of the way of the bullets, then going in for the kill. I watch as she thrusts a knife into the head of some unlucky lacky. I smirk, my best friend is a bad ass. The sounds of the fire fight fill the air around us. I suck in a nervous breath, returning my attention to the building in front of us. Daryl and I work together quickly and quietly taking down the two men guarding the back door to the outpost.

Daryl, Rick and I step over the bodies, crossing into the threshold. Unease crawls up my spine upon noticing it's too quiet and seemingly empty and still. I take up the rear with Rick in the lead. I keep my ears and eyes peeled for any small sound or movement.

"Come on. Let's find them guns." Daryl orders, motioning for the three of us to split off. Without another word, I take off down an empty hallway with my pistol held firmly in my grip, sweeping each room quickly.

Where is everyone, I muse. Aaron and his group are working on taking out the saviors in the front while Kelly, Charlee, and Tori cover the door we came through. I realize the inside of this building is too still. Something isn't right. My stomach turns with a bad feeling creeping along my flesh. The saviors were a large group; it shouldn't be this empty. This place should be teeming with them if this outpost is truly holding the weapons we are seeking out.

Coming up empty handed, I silently stalk through the hallways, seeking out my husband and our friend. I find Rick staring at a wall with an unreadable look on his face. I cock my head, unsure if he heard my approach. A door swings open, revealing Daryl. Rick spins around, raising his gun at the sudden noise filling the empty room.

"Ain't on this floor." Daryl grunts, smirking at Rick's reaction. His eyes meet mine; I watch as they travel my body, searching to see if I got into a tussle. I shake my head. He returns his attention to Rick when he's satisfied.

"Only option is up." Rick gestures to the ceiling around us.

"High ground. Good cover." Daryl agrees.