sixtyeight.

"Vanessa!" Carol shouts as my hand lands on the door that leads into the trailer I camped out in earlier. I peer over my shoulder, watching her approach, curious about what she could want. We haven't had a lot of together. I realize, I haven't had time with anyone I was once close with. War and Negan has been keeping us on our toes. It doesn't help that each of us have been holding tight to each of our personal vendettas against the man in the leather jacket. "Here. I washed these while you were busy." She gestures to the clothes I had arrived in.

"Thank you." I smile, taking them into my arms. "You didn't have to."

She grins, "can't imagine you fighting in Jesus pants. You look ridiculous." Her face twists in false disgust.

I chuckle at her statement. She's not wrong. "I feel ridiculous, but I'm keeping the shirt." I share a laugh with the older woman. "They are too tight. I feel like it's cutting off circulation around my waist." I pull at the hem of the jeans, wincing.

Her eyes travel to my stomach, pursing her lips in concentration. "I'll tell Daryl to keep an eye out for bigger clothes. This might be the last time you can wear your pants."

What? Already? My mouth falls open as she struts off towards the Barrington house. I shake my head; is she finally going senile? I mean this world is enough to drive anyone insane.

I step inside the trailer, stripping off Jesus pants. I pull on my leather pants, sighing contently. So much fucking better, I muse. I glance down at my stomach as I struggle with the button, growling in frustration. My fingers poke the skin, feeling like I'm bloated. I make a mental note to start searching out bigger clothes, regardless of Carol's request for Daryl when he returns. I heard rumors that you can start showing sooner in your second pregnancy, but this is entirely too early. I set that concern aside as I wrap the harness around my waist.

Jesus' pants were entirely too tight. Mister skinny flat ass and I should not be sharing clothes. After pulling on my boots and returning my weapons to their homes along my body, I search for a moment, scribbling a little love note for the man with long hair that gave me hell once upon a time.

Thanks for the pants and shirt. You can have the pants back; super uncomfortable. But the shirts mine. I already cut it up to fit my frame. Sucks to suck. I'm taking it as payment for almost being the death of me twice. We aren't even, yet. When this is over, we are sparring so I can beat your ass, again.

Lilith.

Ps, wish you were here for this fight. Would've been fun to kick savior's ass by your side, again.

I grab a hair tie I discovered on my search. I run a brush through my hair before I braid it passed my shoulders, hanging along my upper back. I wrap Daryl's bandanna around my hairline, keeping any fly aways from dancing into my line of sight. I don't know what they have planned, and I don't need it blocking my view. I have a feeling I'm going to need to stay on my toes. Unease slithers up my spine; I have an idea that it's absolutely horrendous. Negan is starting to realize that we aren't easily broken; he's probably pulling out the big guns, whatever that may be. What can be bigger than blowing up fucking Alexandria? Setting walkers loose on Hilltop? Killing a young member of the Kingdom? Taking my fucking husband from me and killing two of my closest friends in such a brutal inhumane way?

I wrap my belt full of knives around my waist as I finish getting ready to wage war another fucking time. I lower myself down onto the bed to give myself a moment of peace before I step out of the trailer to face whatever is waiting for me tonight. I groan, resting my head in my hands. I can't deny that I'm in absolute pain, but I'm trying to talk my body into taking on one more battle. Will it be the last? Probably not. Something tells me that this is far from over, but we need to defend Hilltop. We have to make a stand. I just hope it's without lots of causalities. I'm tired of burying my friends and family.