sixtyseven.

I pull up to the gates surrounding Hilltop, feeling shame pulsing through my veins for not succeeding in taking down Negan. I hang my head, every muscle screaming and begging for me to stop and slow down. The door swings open, revealing Maggie and Carol waiting for me on the other side. I idle my way through, parking the bike against the wall. I pocket the keys as I swing my legs over, groaning when my feet kiss the ground. Carol wraps her arms around my back, helping me stay upright.

"What the hell happened, Ness?" Maggie inquires, pretty face twisting in concern.

"I take it Daryl and the Alexandrians aren't here yet." I frown, peering around. I spot members of the Kingdom milling about, acknowledging my appearance. Upon further inspection, I find Gregory locked behind a small, enclosed fence with some people observing me with growing interest. From the looks of them, they are saviors. Ah, yes, The Reaper has entered the building, greeting the Widow like an old friend. Why wouldn't they be fascinated? Why aren't they worm chow anyway? I turn my back on that less than pleasing crowd so they can't try to read my lips. "I, uh, Alex got attacked last night. It was on fire when I left to attack Negan. Daryl's leading our people here on foot." I rub my face, "Carl, he, uh, didn't make it. He got bit while saving someone. Kelly's gone, too." I gasp as the pain wraps its claws around my heart. "I don't know where Rick and Mich are. I left before they got out of the sewer."

"The Kingdom got attacked, too. Gavin is dead." Carol frowns.

"At least yall got a win, huh?" I chuckle. I wince at the pain twisting inside my body.

"Not quite. It was Henry who did it." My mouths fall opens while my eyes widen in surprise. The little boy? Holy shit. "Maggie," Carol's eyes find our friend, "she needs to rest. She's dead on her feet."

"Put her in Jesus' trailer. She can rest there without being disturbed since he's on a run right now." She motions for Jerry to join us, "bring me some food. Vanessa needs to eat." He nods, smiling at me in greeting before taking off under her orders. She returns her attention to me, "when you wake up, you need to shower."

I stir feeling strong arms wrap around my body, pulling me close

I stir feeling strong arms wrap around my body, pulling me close. "Sorry, Blue, didn't mean to wake ya. Just wanted to make sure ya are okay." Daryl's chest rumbles against my back. I rub the sleepiness out of my face, yawning.

"Babe?" I roll over, resting my head against my hand, smiling. "It's okay. I'm okay. I'm just sore. I don't mind waking up to you." My free hand scratches at his beard, smirking when I notice the grays littering the coarse hair. "When did you get old on me, redneck? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." I pout, realizing we barely had any time together. Our heads have been on fighting for our freedom. Though, we steal our moments when we can.

He chuckles, "those are from ya, makin' me worry 'bout ya safety." His hand grips a lock of my own hair, "you got 'em, too!"

I grin, "I think that one is named after you. There's a few more named after Rick and Jesus. There's a special one in the front called Negan."