twentyfour.

(Trigger warning - abuse. Sexual assault)

"Honey, don't cry. I'll be home in a few days." My mom grips my hand weakly.

I'm standing next to my sister and stepdad, Chris, at her funeral. I lost count of how people have hugged me. I'm numb.

I watch as my dad writhers away on the couch. "You need anything?" I ask. He shakes his head.

Bags by the door, I'm hugging him, "I'll be back the next time I can get vacation time; I promise. I love you, daddy." I leave a kiss on his cheek.

Under the table, I dial Kelly before Owen pulls me out.

Owen rushes at me with a knife, stabbing my stomach. He rips my pants off, cutting my thighs close to my vagina. Knife slashes across my pussy twice. I scream as he thrusts it inside a few times. Punching me across the face. I whimper. Blood drips from my scalp and legs.

The cop's storm in, I'm barely hanging on. I weakly watch him get carried away in cuffs.

Kelly, Wren, and Charlee are sleeping next to me, as I awake in the same hospital.

I'm standing at my mom's grave; bruises litter my body. "Thank you for being my guardian angel."

"I'm sorry, but with the damage you've sustained, carrying a baby would be next to impossible." The doctor winces as the tears stream down my face. Kelly grips my hand in support.

My mom is standing in front of me, "you'll be okay, baby. Just hold on. Daryl's coming." She reaches her hand out to me.

"Mom, I can't die, yet. I can't leave Daryl or my family." I murmur as I start to stir. I rub my eyes, yawning. As I stretch, I feel someone else in bed with me. I shoot up, seeing Daryl. He's sitting against the wall, watching me. I must've been sprawled between his legs, given his position. "You're back! But why are you in here?" Excitement sings through me before I realize where we are. I begin to back away, but he pulls me close. Wrapping his arms around me, holding me against his body. I breathe in his scent, feeling like I'm reunited with my home.

"Ya have the meds in your system. Hershel helped force 'em down. You're healin'." His hands find my face, "you ain't pale as a sheet no more." His eyes travel my face. "I thought you died on me. I walked in as your blood was fallin' from the second level." His thumb finds my lips, tracing the pink skin. "You're one tough son of a bitch, ya hear? He told me what ya did."

I smirk, "you know I hate sitting on my hands."

He nods. "It's gonna kill ya one day."

I shrug, "at least I'll go down helping the people I've grown to love and care about." His blue eyes widen at the mention of the word love. I smile, I gently place my hand against his face. "You've saved me, again. I lost count on how many times we rescued the other."

"Daryl, Rick's looking for you." Bob's voice comes from the doorway. "Oh, sorry." His eyes search everywhere but at us. I giggle.

"'Kay, I'll find him in a minute." He grunts, throwing a glare Bob's way. When the sound of his retreat echos off the walls of the cell, he looks at me, "always an interruption. Wanna come?"

"Yeah, I need to get out." Images of the passed 24 hours flash through my mind. "I've seen too much death for one day."

He drags me close one more time, "alright, let's go." He rubs my back.

I follow Daryl out of death row and back into our cellblock. I sigh in relief, I thought I wasn't going to be here again. I scratch at my arms, remembering that I accepted that it would be the end of me. Daryl throws me a knowing look. I keep my face neutral, not wanting to share that with the redneck. He already carries so much on his shoulders.