fiftyone.

Rick parks the truck in a beaten broken-down area under Jesus' instructions, turning off the engine. Buildings are falling apart at the seams. In the cracks, grows wild flowers and plants. If this was any other time, I would mention that, hey, I've seen this in horror movies, we are probably walking to our deaths. But, this is also very reminiscent of what I had discovered in my old hometown barely a few days ago

During the trip, Victoria and I rode in the back inside the hatch since we were still a big group, even with Kelly staying back with Maggie. Tori was insistent about staying at my side, mentioning something about making up for lost time. Somewhere along the line, she let me know that she kind of approves of Daryl, going on to question how Kelly and Charlee get along with him. She visibly relaxed upon hearing how close Kelly and Daryl are.

Rick comes around to the back, letting us out. "It's called 'the Kingdom'?" Rick asks, face skeptical, turning his attention to Jesus.

I jump out first, landing with a thud. I groan, I love my boots, but my feet are starting to curse me for not giving them a break. I put my hand out for my big sister, helping her down. She takes it, glancing around curiously. "You certainly have an exciting life with these people, huh?" She smiles as she gracefully lands with two feet on the ground. I close the hatch behind her, spinning on my heels to face Rick and Jesus myself. She's not wrong. I'm never bored.

I rub my hands along my pants, anxiously, feeling naked with just my knife. I'm dying to get my swords and guns back from the truck. I'm not comfortable walking into unknown territory without being armed in my usual fashion. Fists don't generally win against guns. Jesus seems to trust these people, but I fondly and bitterly remember our first meeting and visit to Hilltop. I just hope this isn't a replay of that memory.

Jesus smiles, "yeah. I didn't name it."

"How much farther?" Rick inquires.

"Well, technically, we're already here. I mean, we're always here, but here we are -- at the Kingdom. Well, its outer edge."

Daryl hangs off the side of the truck, shouting, "hey, what the hell we waitin' on?"

"Waiting for them." Jesus gestures to two men approaching, riding atop horses wearing a makeshift suit of armor. I smirk at the ridiculousness of the sight. I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I'm pretty sure I just stepped off the pages of a goddamn children's book, Jesus Christ." I swear, amused.

The first male shouts, voice riding in the air around us, "who dares to trespass on the sovereign land of the -- Oh, shit. Jesus, is that you?"

I can't help but chuckle, trying to hide my face. This is going to be the death of me. I shake my head, trying to bite my tongue. I feel like I'm in some old, poorly made movie about kings, queens, and their knights.

"Who are all these people, Paul?" The second male questions, eyes weary as he searches each of us.

"Hi, Richard. Nice to see you. It's good to see you, too." Jesus offers, grinning.

"Your friends, who are they?" Richard asks. I raise my chin in a challenge when his eyes meet mine. What can I say? I have trust issues.

"This is Rick Grimes. He's the leader of a like-minded community. These are some of his people. We would like to request an audience with King Ezekiel."

Richard gets off his horse, stalking to meet us. "Get out of the car." He orders to the rest of us. "You say they're a like-minded community. Like-minded how?

"We live, we trade, we fight the dead. Sometimes others." Jesus shrugs, referring to Negan.

"Line up!"