nine.

Two days ago, I stopped trying to keep my hair in a braid. I swear, Georgia humidity hates me just as much as Mississippi heat does. Now, my blue hair fell loosely down my back for the first time since I met up with everyone. My newly acquired plaid shirt hanging open, revealing my Avenged Sevenfold shirt. I decided to keep the jeans on, forgoing my leggings for the day.  I had my knife sheathed around my leg, a gift Glenn found me on one of his runs with Maggie from this passed week. He explained that he thought it was dangerous keeping a knife in my boots. "One day, you're going to be running for your life, and it's going to stab you in the foot... then you're walker food."

I was gracious he thought of me. Its still hard to wrap my mind around the fact that these –well, some of these—people care about me, and treat me like I'm one of them.

I emerge out of my tent after I pulled on my combat boots. I meet the others at their campsite, as everyone was starting to get moving for the day.

"Are you going to move your tent over with us?" Glenn questions at my approach, "I promise, we don't bite."

"I know YOU don't bite, but I made enemies out of some, and I think they bite." I smirk at him. "Morning, Glenn."

I sit down next to him after grabbing some water and a peach. Gods, I miss coffee.

"So, what you gonna do?" Lori finally speaks up after a few minutes of silence. "We'd all feel better if we knew the plan."

"Is there a plan?" Andrea turns to look at Rick.

It's doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that Rick is the leader here, we all look to him for answers. It always seemed that way since the moment I joined the group. His word goes. At least, he's better than Shane.

"We gonna keep him here?" Glenns voice laced in concern. We are all worried.

Rick turns to face all of us, as he comes stands next to Shane. "We'll know soon enough."

Daryl walks up, with his crossbow slung behind his back. For the first time, I'm realizing he wasn't with everyone this morning. I just figured he was on one of his runs to burn off some steam. But upon noticing the blood on his hands, he did just that. I watch him curiously.

"Boy there's got a gang, 30 men. They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead" His blue eyes search until they find me still sitting down, "And our women, they're gonna-- They're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?" Carol asks, coming to stand next Glenn.

Daryl walks through camp until he's standing next to me. "Had a little chat."

"It looks like you did more than that." I murmur, only loud enough for him to hear.

"No one goes near this guy." Rick nods at him, digesting this new piece of information.

This is a mess. First, we couldn't let him go because he knows the Greenes, but now this. I shake my head, running a hand through my long hair. This is bad.

"Rick, what are you gonna do?" I look over to Rick.

Rick glances at each of us before he responds, "we have no choice. He's a threat. We have to eliminate the threat."

I could feel the color drain out of my face. Murder? I expect this out of Shane. Not Rick.  Shane's been in his ear, no doubt about that. I'm glad I had my cigarettes on me. I pull out my pack as I start to stalk a few feet away. I never liked smoking around people.

"You're just gonna kill him?" I hear Dale ask on my small stroll away.

Faintly, Rick speaks with finality, "It's settled. I'll do it today." I heard their footsteps retreat to have it out away from everyone.