sixtytwo.

Ticking down the seconds in my head while the sounds of shouting fill the air, I run down the hallway with Kelly taking up the rear with Rick while Daryl covers the front. We have a few moments before they meet us on this floor. We duck behind a wall in time for the lead to start flying down the hall.

"Shit," I breathe out. "I knew it was too easy." I return my sword to the sheath, dragging out my dual pistols. Cocking them, I peer around the corner, popping off a few rounds. I flatten myself back against the wall when I feel a bullet narrowly missing my skull. "Fuck, asshole almost got me," I swear, scrunching my face in irritation, growling in frustration.

"We needa get Blue outta here. We risked her enough." Daryl's stern whisper fills the space between the four of us. I know he didn't want me out here because of Owen's attack and I'm carrying our child, but I would never let any of that stop me from fighting for my family. His intense blue eyes meet mine, "ya shoulda stayed home. I'm done riskin' ya life."

"And miss all the fun? You're funny, redneck." I crouch lower to the ground, firing two more rounds around the corner.

Rick gestures down an empty hallway leading them in the opposite direction, shouting over the gun fire for the four of us to go that way. Kelly and Daryl take up the rear for the second time with Rick in the lead. I continue to pop off as many rounds as I could between my two boys, aiming for the saviors.

I let out a gasp as a bullet hits the back of my Kevlar vest. I trip on impact; Daryl catches me before my body falls the ground.

"Rick! Vanessa's hit!" Kelly's fear laced scream bounces off the walls.

"I'm fine! It got my vest." I snarl, "I can keep going. It's just going to bruise." Yeah, I'm going to feel this bullshit tomorrow.

With Daryl's help, we duck into an empty room together, while Kelly and Rick jump into the room across from us. Using the wall as shield from the bullets, Kelly and Daryl shoot down the left side of the hallway, and Rick and I take down the right. After a few minutes, both of my pistols begin to chick. I curse under my breath, I throw my head against the wall, putting my guns away. My attention finds Daryl in front of me, shrugging. I return the bandanna over my mouth, waiting, feeling incredibly useless. I can't run headfirst down the hall with my swords, and I'm in a horrible position; I won't be able to unleash my throwing knives. Did I ever mention how much I absolutely loathe waiting and sitting on my hands?

"Hey!" My eyes find Daryl trying to grab Rick's attention, "hey! I'm out." Daryl shakes his head, "she is too." He gestures towards me. I wave over at Rick, bringing my hands up, showing how empty I am at this current moment.

I watch as Rick nods, eying the world around us. He aims his gun at something along the wall on our side; he pulls the trigger. Smoke begins to billow, I peek around the corner, seeing he blew up the fire extinguisher. I mean, that's one way to do it, Officer friendly.

"Ya ready?" Daryl questions the second the smoke blocks everyone's view.

I drag out my swords, gripping both in my hands. I grin, "always," spinning them in my palms as I barrel down at the hallway. I cut down any poor unlucky soul that falls into my path. I sense someone rush at me in the corner of my head, smirking, I meet him halfway before leaping into the air, forcing myself to flip over him, narrowly missing the bullets flying out of his gun. I bring my swords down, cutting his head from his shoulders. I land on my feet; I hear his body hit the ground with a thud at the same time my legs kiss the floor. Behind me, I hear someone trying to creep up, I spin on my heels, throwing one of my knives. I don't stop to see if it landed, instead, I continue to run down the hall. Though by the sound of the groan that fills the air, I know it met its mark.