| 67 |

sooo.... *covers face in embarrassment* i'm an idiot... 

prepare yourselves for this monologue 

I was logging in to announce that I will be updating again only to see the crazy amount of notifications that said they were still waiting for the update I promised a month ago.

Ya'll have no idea how confused I was until I went in to check and realized I never PUBLISHED the chapter. I actually pressed the save button instead. I'm so sorry.  

ʕ ಡ ﹏ ಡ ʔ

I must have not realized because it was finals week so it was already hectic to begin with. Not to mention that I also received the booster shot the same week. 

Yeah that was terrible timing on my part, I know. ( ≧Д≦)

That's why I ended up combining chapters to make this one longer in order to make up for my mistake. 

On the bright side, I will be updating the next part in a week. 

///

(unedited- as always, sorry!)

"You've got to eat, Bora." Taehyung sighed when noticing that she had barely touched her plate.

"I am eating," she tried arguing, though she knew she wasn't. How could she when the tension in the room was so thick that it could be cut with a knife? And no, it doesn't have anything to do with her. Not exactly.

Taehyung and Jungkook had kept their interactions with each other to a minimum. If they were talking to each other, it was only done to not make the awkwardness in the room suffocating. It had been that way since the moment she had woken up.

She had only managed to ask about Sungjae's whereabouts before Taehyung had placed a plate of food on her lap. But Bora couldn't stand the silence much longer. She would rather start with the big elephant in the room. At least, the issue regarding her. Whatever rumble they were having could be dealt with on their own time.

"So... I assume you already know who I am," she whispered the last three words, head tilting down to avoid his gaze.

Jungkook lifted his glare from his friend, features softening when landing on Bora's figure. "I do." He felt like saying more but decided against it, figuring that Bora would be tempted to say more.

"I'm sorry," she gave him a tight smile. "I wanted to tell everyone but... there was never a right time. And the longer I waited the harder it got. Then—" She paused when feeling a hand on top of hers.

"I'm not mad, Bora. I can't be," he gave her a soft gaze before looking at the floor. And what he said was the truth. He really couldn't be mad at her. Not when he had his secrets to keep. In fact, he knew his secret was worse in a way. Her identity explained why she constantly was absent from school, her knee injury, and her inability to hang out with the group. Yet, she had made time for them—for him as well at one point before he had gone and messed it up.

"Right," Bora gulped. "And I assume Taehyung also told you about us," she looked at her brother, who was now staring at the ground.

"I know the gist," Jungkook said with a small smile. "You must be thrilled. Although knowing you, you were probably a bit shocked at first," he let out a laugh.

She felt her face flush and quickly ducked her head down. Bora was aware of his knowledge of the fact that she wasn't the biggest fan of surprises. He'd learned of it when she had practically screamed the moment the smoke canons had gone off in the room when he had planned a birthday surprise between the two of them. He'd always made it a point to tease her about it. That thought alone was enough to wipe any trace of a blush. Only a neutral expression graced her face.