| 43 |

(Unedited)

///

You okay?" Taehyung whispered as he began to rewrap the gauze around Bora's knee. There was no doubt that her injury had worsened. Thankful that they were alone for a moment, Bora allowed herself to tear up a bit while shaking her head.

"No, I'm so fucked," she sniffled quietly, not wanting her friends to hear her from outside. "My dad's going to kill me," Bora spoke without thinking, slightly stiffening when she glanced at Taehyung's confused face.

"And why is that?"He spoke gently, his eyes unconsciously landing on her hand in an attempt to make her more comfortable, the hand that held her fallen bracelet. Taehyung didn't know what he was doing. When Yoongi had gently placed her on the nurse's recovery bed, he had insisted to be the one who would treat her wounds. Part of him knew why. Even if she wasn't really his sister, Taehyung wanted to take care of his friend, the girl that shared the same name as his sister. In some way, it helped alleviate the guilt of not being there for his real sister.

"Don't listen to me," Bora shook her head, slowly shoving her childhood bracelet when she noticed Taehyung staring at it. This seemed to redirect his attention back to her. "He'll just scold me for being a klutz." It wasn't totally a lie. She knew she'd probably get a scolding like no other. Her match might need to get postponed and that will only create more buzz in the media. Her dad had managed to come up with a plan to get rid of the suspicion that arose from the viral clip. His plan was the reason she came back to Korea a few days earlier. By taking the private exit, no one knew that Yook Bora had come back. Everyone believed that she and her family were still in China. Her dad had planned for a doppelgänger to pose as her for their arrival that way no one knew of her injury. It seemed that the plan wouldn't make much of a difference. Bora had just suffered a major setback.

Fuck.

Taehyung gave a sad smile, sensing that there was more to it. "I wasn't just talking about your injury y' know?"

"Oh," Bora gently wiped her nose, realizing what Taehyung had meant. "He can be really stupid sometimes," Bora laughed while she tried to dry her eyes. "I know he didn't mean it that way and I don't blame him for it. It's stupid to fight over it. I know he likes me. I trust him. I just don't trust her," Bora gave a weak smile as Taehyung nodded his head, clinging on to every word.

"He can be dense," Taehyung grinned, standing up from his chair. "But trust me when I say that I know he cares about you. Very much so," Taehyung whispered, slowly hugging her so that her head rested right on his shoulder while caressing her head.

Bora could feel her tears re-emerge and couldn't trust herself to speak so she nodded her head instead.

"You do know you can always tell me anything, right?" Taehyung spoke, feeling his own voice waver the slightest bit. "When you're sad, scared, happy, don't hesitate to tell those things. You're like my little sister," the most minuscule smile grew on his lips, wishing he could tell someone those exact words, hoping that one day he would.

A chuckle escaped her lips. "I can't think of anyone else who would make a better brother-from-another-mother." Bora chuckled, thinking it was silly of her to tear up. "Good," Taehyung smiled, hugging her a little tighter. Both stayed embraced, unaware of the other crying, wondering deep down why this felt completely natural.

///

"Does she know you're dating someone?" Seokjin questioned, stopping mid-stride to face his younger friend.

"What?" Jungkook's face scrunched up in confusion. He was expecting to have a different conversation. "What does that have to do with anything?"

Jin scoffed in disbelief, stopping his pacing completely. "It has everything to do with it!" He threw his arms up in aggravation. "Don't you see Jungkook?" He tilted his head, slowly losing his patience. "Haneul likes you! She likes you, Jungkook! Why else would she do that to Bora?"