| 1 |

Time seemed to have stopped for Yook Bora. Her only focus was on the person in front of her. The cheers from the crowd, her coach's praises, all the noise faded. Movements appeared to be in slow motion as if it were a video. Only one phrase was repeating inside her mind. Left punch. Right Punch. Block. Repeat. Both figures were standing inside the ring, bodies sore from the rough fighting. Bora wasn't the type to be bothered by it, not when she wanted to win. Her opponent's eyes shifted toward the crowd for the slightest second, but it was long enough for Bora. Without even hesitating, she sent a back kick toward her stomach, sending her opponent flying a couple steps back.   

The girl, Ito Sana, was left breathless from the punch. Wincing from the pain, she tried to stand up to continue to fight,  but it was clear that the match was over.

"Knockout!" A man's voice boomed making the crowd go wild. "Yook Bora wins!" The people waved their posters frantically, excitement running through their veins as they just witnessed the very first match of the season begin. They were happy that someone from their country had won. It wasn't until Bora saw her face on the giant electronic screen that she let out a breath of relief. A smile formed on her face as she waved at her fans. She was especially happy to see her coach, her dad, smiling at her.

After the whistle was blown, both players shook hands before exiting the ring to their own respective sides. "You did great." Sungjae smiled, hugging his sister from the side as their assistant wrapped a robe around her. She hugged her brother back, satisfied that her brother was proud. Although they weren't related by blood they still loved each other the way any pair of siblings would.

At a young age, Bora's parents died in a car fire causing Bora to grow up at an orphanage for 11 years of her life. She wasn't the most well-behaved student and often got into fights with girls that would bully her at school. But everything changed when one day a man approached her after a fight. Turns out that man was Yook Hyun Ki, a retired UFC fighter. He happened to be strolling around an ally when he spotted a girl fighting against another group of girls. Impressed with her skill, he suggested her to put her skill to good use. Growing fond of the girl, he decided to adopt her a few months later.

Hyun Ki trained both, Bora and Sungjae for three years until they officially entered the UFC Youth Division at the age of fifteen traveling abroad to the U.S, Europe, Japan, Australia and other countries around the world. This year was particularly exciting for the siblings. The UFC has officially agreed to start its season in Asia with its main base being in South Korea. Other matches were being held at China and Japan, an agreement made by the three countries in hopes of bringing peace through the sport. It's rising popularity in the country made it the perfect time to host the season this year.

"First day back at Seoul and the first match is already this competitive." Bora sighed as she took a big gulp of water, wanting to quench her thirst from the fight. Feeling tired would be an understatement. Her muscles ached so much she felt as if she would collapse with one more step. Her brother nodded, rubbing her shoulder in a circular motion, trying to make her feel better. "Every match counts, Bora." She sighed, agreeing with him but she couldn't wait to go home, wanting to take a hot shower.

"Aren't you glad to be back?" He grinned, taking a seat in front of her. "Although traveling is fun, being back home is great." He took a gulp of water. "Father, you and me." His smile widened at the thought of it. He would be lying if he said he wasn't homesick. He missed going to his favorite places, the food, his friends, everything. "I can't wait to see my room. Haven't been inside our house in 3 years!" He yelled in excitement, stomping his feet to the ground. It feels great to be back. The thought kept repeating in his head.

"Don't get too excited." She threw a boxing glove at him. "Get ready for your match. We need a double win." The duo did their handshake, something they've always done as kids. It brought laughs, realizing how childish they were. "Of course." He praised himself for a few minutes causing his sister to roll her eyes at the sight.