| 23 |

I apologize for all the grammar mistakes and spellings found in this book. All chapters are first drafts. I promise that I'll fix them. All my books are going to go through major edits.

On the bright side, enjoy this update. Please comment and vote, it really motivates me :)

"Last one and then we're done for today," The cameraman took one final photo before signaling the end of the photoshoot.

Sungjae and Bora let out a sigh of relief, their bodies relaxing instantly.

The photoshoot for their sports line official wrapped up. Sungjae's limited edition black shoes would go on sale on Friday while Bora's white shoes would drop on Saturday.

Both were surprised when Adidas had contacted them about the opportunity. The brand has worked with them for a while, but the news still managed to shock them. The siblings were stoked and carefully designed their line with their preferences.

Sungjae's line mainly consisted of shoes, windbreakers, and sweats that had a cursive SJ, available in black, white, and grey.

Bora's line consisted of shoes as well, but she decided to focus on hoodies, beanies, shirts. All were available in beige, rose, black, and olive green, and included her cursive YB logo.

"Ready to go home?" Sungjae had already slung his duffel bag over his shoulder, ready to head out.

"Of course! I'm in need of a nap," Bora grinned, packing her stuff before hugging her brother.

"Today's the 2nd of November right?" Sungjae sighed, wanting to double-check with his sister.

"Yeah," Bora hummed in response, a frown growing on her face. Her second official match was coming up and saying that she wasn't nervous would be a major understatement. It never got easier, no matter how much experience you had. Matches were unpredictable by nature. Something could happen in the last second that causes an opponent to win. There would always be a batch of nerves with every competition. The rush of adrenaline before a match would make her want to throw up, but it was nothing compared to the happiness she felt after winning. Bore felt on top of the world, and she knew that her brother shared the same feeling.

"You're doing it again," Sungjae looked away from his sister, ready to lecture her.

"Doing what?" Bora raised a brow, looking at her brother who was staring at the street ahead, walking aimlessly. He didn't say anything for a few seconds. He just kicked on a pebble that he happened to stumble upon. "Don't begin to doubt yourself, Bora," Sungjae said it with a straight face. He noticed that every time his sister worried about something her brow would curl down in nervousness, her lips quivered and the life in her eyes would dim.

"You've trained so hard for the past week. Everything will be fine, but never doubt yourself. If you do, then your training goes to waste. Whatever happens, I'll still support you like no one else," He stopped walking and faced her, placing his hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

"What about dad? He's already upset about the day I got attention," Bora sighed, looking down at the ground.

"Are you crazy? He'll never be mad about one loss. He should know better than anyone that it takes several losses to get one win. Remember the time I got a 5 loss streak?" Sungjae laughed in attempts to lighten up the mood. "Yeah," Bora let out a giggle and Sungjae let out a sigh of relief. "We just worked a bit harder. Now, look where we are?" He stepped away from her, gesturing to the area around them.

"We're back in Seoul! We're home, Bora," he whispered. "We're still considered newbies in this industry. We don't have to be perfect. At the end of the day, we're still human. And if we do lose, we'll just work harder until one day we become the undefeated duo." He walked up to his sister, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "Okay?" He grinned, waiting for her answer.

"Okay." Bora smiled as well.

His grin grew wider as both of them continued to walk down the street.

///

"Why are you still in your pajamas?" Jimin frowned as he walked through the door of Taehyung's house. Jimin walked straight into the living room, setting the white bags filled with various snacks on the coffee table.

"I didn't feel like changing," Taehyung shrugged as he followed after his energetic friend. Truth be told, Taehyung didn't get a bit of sleep. He stayed up all night, went to sleep for a couple of hours, and woke up in the early morning to solve a private matter.

"I've been trying to contact you in the morning. Get changed, the guys planned on hanging out later." Jimin began to wander around the room, trying to find the remote control. A smile spread across his face when the found the device and approached the smaller study desk at the back.

"While you change I'll just—"

"Wait!" Taehyung's eyes widened, realizing that his friend was approaching his desk. Running up to him, Taehyung quickly collected the pile of papers that were scattered on his desk. He didn't want anyone to see. No one could know until he was sure.

Shoving the papers into a black folder, Taehyung pulled away preparing to walk back into his room. "This stays between us," his voice was cold and Taehyung almost winced, hearing his own tone. It wasn't Jimin's fault. It was his. He shouldn't have left the papers out so carelessly.

"Name records?" Jimin whispered, staring at his friend's back. Taehyung had stopped walking.

"Is there something you're not telling us, Taehyung?" Jimin didn't raise his voice, in fact, he lowered it.

Taehyung didn't say anything. He could feel his fingers tighten their grip on the folder, turning his knuckles solid white.
"I don't know," a small whispered escaped his lips.

"We're always here you know—"

"I can't tell you until I'm sure. I'm trusting you right now. This stays between us, please?" Jimin could hear the sadness in his voice.  It broke his heart. He dropped the topic immediately.

"Of course," he nodded before clearing his throat. "I'll wait for you outside. Hurry up and change," Jimin let out a smile, trying to act as if nothing happened. He quickly left the house, heading toward his car.

Taehyung nodded and locked the door to his room. Once he was sure Jimin couldn't hear him, he threw the folder against the wall, sending papers flying across his room. It didn't make the ache in his heart any easier. He threw the vase across the room and let out a sobbing scream. The porcelain broke into tiny pieces, creating a high pitched echo that spread across his room.

Taehyung just sobbed, curling himself into a ball. He wanted to let out all the tears before seeing the boys.

///

"Yeah, I'm on my way now." Jungkook made sure to look both ways before crossing the street. He was currently talking to Yoongi, who begged Jungkook to buy some side before heading toward his place.

"Aish, this hyung," he shook his head as he hung up the phone. While placing his phone in his back pocket, he waited for the next green light to allow him to cross the street.

His eyes wandered for a few seconds. Jungkook wasn't really in the mood to look through his phone so he settled for staring at the fairy lights that were wrapped around the pines tree that was located across the street. Suddenly a familiar looking face caught his attention.

"Bora?"