| 50 |

(unedited)

///

"I don't know what you're talking about," Minjae stuttered, but Haneul wasn't buying it. "Go home, sweetie. Your mom must be worried," he brushed her off, already turning to head back inside his house.

"You're lying," Haneul spat.

"Do you even know who Yook Hyunki is?" Minjae snapped back, eyes enlarged due to his annoyance.

"I do now," she commented. "Your reaction to that live conference made it obvious. You have some past fallouts with him."

"So explain to me," Minjae rolled his eyes. "How are you going to be any help to me?"

"You have something against Yook Hyunki," Haneul smirked, "and I have something against his daughter. It'll be a win-win situation."

"That's impossible. How on earth do you know Yook Bora? Her father is very protective of his son and daughter."

"They're undercover at my school right now, uncle. You do know what this means, don't you?" Haneul raised a brow, waiting for her uncle to speak.

"You're right," he hummed. "This can be very useful," Minjae nodded, already coming up with several ideas.

"I'm glad you're starting to get it," Haneul grinned, satisfied with his answer. "They can't blame you if something happens to her outside the match, right?"

Minjae smirked.

"Right."

///

Three days later...

"Come on, now," Bora huffed, aiding her brother to stand up. "Let's go for a walk." Wrapping his arm around her shoulder, she took slow steps.

"You do know I could walk on my own, right? Her brother grinned.

"The doctor also said you shouldn't exert yourself. And by the looks of it, you seem to think you're well enough to do anything," she frowned, recalling the sight of her brother lifting the heavy boxes in his room. His fans had sent him enough get-well-soon gifts to last him a lifetime.

"When I read the letter from the fan saying they got me a supply of Honey BBQ chips, I had to open them!" Sungjae whined. "You know those are my favorite."

"You could have asked me for help," Bora rolled her eyes.

"You were talking to the nurse and besides... I was hungry," he pouted.

"You're such a—" Bora was cut off when she heard the clicking of cameras. She should have expected it, considering the fact that they were walking around the hospital's garden.

"Good thing you dyed your hair before visiting me," Sungjae commented, motioning her to put on her sunglasses. It sucked that they sometimes didn't have privacy.

"I was being cautious," Bora ignored the clicking, turning her brother so that they walked further away from the paparazzi.

"But let's get down to business," Bora guided him to sit on the bench. "You have that twinkle in your eye so you must be up to no good."

"Well, I have this idea," he smirked, tossing a pebble into the water fountain.

"You don't say?" Bora made a sarcastic remark. "What are you up to?"

"It's obvious that Minjae did it," Sungjae clenched his fist. "But I think I know of a way to catch him."

"Really? How?" Bora gave him an unassured look.