| 4 |

Elijah informed Bora that the three youngest members of the group were in their senior year of high school while the oldest four attended the University connected to the high school. The school ran from ninth grade all the way till the fourth year of college. That explains why the school is so big, Bora thought. The cafeteria was a common place where both the college students and high school students would eat during lunch. Fortunately for the seven of them, they happened to have the same lunch period.

///

"He's such a jerk." Bora groaned, shaking off the excess water from her hands, grabbing a paper towel to dry them off.

It was her first day at school and Bora was already the center of attention among the girls. Wanting to keep a low profile was the opposite of what had happened today.

Just my luck.

Bora angrily threw the paper towel in the trash, headed toward the exit of the bathroom.

"Lock the door." A voice boomed in the room, several girls entering in at once, trying to find their target.

The transfer student.

Bora immediately recognized the girl standing in the middle. Song Areum. She internally groaned, realizing what's going to happen next.

Guess I'm gonna have to break my promise, Sungjae.

Bora secretly apologized. "Could I help you?" Bora crossed her arms, waiting for the group to speak. She knew what they were going to do, Frankly, she was excited for the small showdown that might happen. If they wanted a show, she was going to give it to them.

The girls, on the other hand, were completely oblivious on how much the girl was capable of. In their eyes, they saw a nerd, another target for them to tease. A fragile girl who they could twist in any way they pleased. Smirks formed on their faces, picturing how this was going to end. But they forgot the classic saying.

Never judge a book by its cover.

Little did they know they'll regret underestimating the new girl.

///

Taehyung couldn't take it any longer. Despite Jungkook's glares, warning him not to speak, Taehyung couldn't help but ignore him and inform the group of what had happened to the youngest one a couple of minutes ago.

"I think Jungkook has finally met his match," Taehyung spoke, breaking the silence of his friends as they were stuffing their mouth with food. Everyone's eyes were now on him, curious at what he implied, except for Jungkook who looked like he wanted to bury his friend ten feet underground. The group did ask why Jungkook had a bandaid around the bridge of his nose,  but they immediately shut up when Jungkook refused to comment. Jungkook thought they would let the matter go, but it seemed his friend had other plans.

"What do you mean, Taehyung?" Namjoon spoke up, seeing that everyone was wondering the same thing. "Have you seen the new girl?" Taehyung asked, a grin forming on his face. His friends raised a brow, not understanding. "I think I saw here coming out of the principal's office," Hoseok spoke up, remembering seeing a girl rush down the hallway as he left the attendance folder in the main office. "She's a feisty one. Never seen a girl brave enough to stand up to Jungkook like that." Taehyung burst out laughing at the thought of her punching Jungkook in the nose.

The group had their eyes wide open before bursting out in laughter when it finally clicked.

The new girl stood up against the coldest guy in school.