| 53 |

(unedited)

///

"Why did you leave?" Sungjae spoke, legs slowly approaching Taehyung, who was currently sitting on the bench. It had taken some convincing, but Sungjae was confident that he bought himself some time before Bora would come looking after him. She had insisted that he stay in the room with her but Sungjae had said he wanted to get her some tea and would be right back.

Taehyung didn't say anything as Sungjae took a seat next to him, a cup of tea in hand. He didn't even realize that he began playing with the ring on his finger. It had become a habit when he felt nervous.  "I don't know," he confessed, shrugging his shoulders. "I panicked. This wasn't the way I expected to meet her. I'm still trying to process the fact that I've known her all along."

Sungjae bit the inside of his cheek. He couldn't say he understood the exact feeling, but he did understand that Taehyung still wanted to confess to her. All he needed was time. "She's scheduled to go home in a few days. The doctors said she hadn't fractured any bones. You could meet her then. You could come over to our house or I'll have her meet you in a nearby cafe. Would you be okay with that?"

Taehyung couldn't help but break into a smile at Sungjae's upbeat attitude. "Thank You."

Sungjae returned the smile.

///

"Why the hell did you knock me out?!" Chanwoo didn't even bother to acknowledge Yugyeom, glaring daggers at the guy with blue hair.

"Would you have followed me otherwise?" BamBam rolled his eyes. Noticing the silence, BamBam smirked. "Thought so."

"Enough," Yugyeom yelled, silencing both of them immediately. "You're lucky he was there to get you out before someone recognized you."

"We had everything under control until he got in my way. We-"

"You were bound to fail if you attacked in such a public area. You of all people should know that" Yugyeom commented, wanting to know if his assumption had been correct.

"It wasn't my idea in the first place," Chanwoo grumbled. "I'm not that stupid."

"Then you knew you wouldn't be able to catch her."

"I would have been able to make up for that small setback," he spat back.

Yugyeom sighed, annoyed by the stubborn guy. "You're starting to get on my nerves." His eyes narrowed when looking at Chanwoo.

Chanwoo gulped, eyes focused on the ground.

"What would your brother say if he found out what you're up to?" Yugyeom paced around him, lips grinning the slightest when seeing Chanwoo's widened eyes. "I doubt he even knows. Am I right?" He took Chanwoo's silence as a yes.

"You do know what's bound to happen given your current absence from your group, right?" Again, Chanwoo doesn't say anything. Yugyeom takes that as a sign to continue. "Luckily for you, I'm no snitch...but I can't say the same thing about BamBam," he tilts his head back toward BamBam as his friend smirks, shrugging his shoulders in response. "He likes starting trouble."

"You're wrong. They wouldn't do that," Chanwoo, broke eye contact with his former boss. Though, the fact that he spoke in a higher octave showed the slight doubt he had over his own words.

"Then why are they coming into my building?" Yugyeom raised a brow, turning the computer screen so that he had a better view. There were currently a group of four men, storming inside, and Chanwoo recognized them as the group he had to work with. "Don't worry though," Yugyeom grinned. "They won't make it too far." He pointed at one of the screens, showing a young man wearing all black, sitting on a chair that blocked the hallway toward Yugyeom's office. He currently had an annoyed expression, almost like he didn't want to be there. It wasn't until Chanwoo noticed the small scar on the man's cheek that he recognized who he was.