| 24 |

Unedited as fuc—

///

"Bora?"

Jungkook began approaching the hooded figure without even realizing it. One step after the other, he jogged across the street before chasing after the person.

"Bora?" He called out one more time as he turned around the corner of the street, losing sight of the person for a split second. His fingers gently tapped the figure's shoulder, causing the person to turn around.

"Sorry?" An unfamiliar woman turned around with a puzzled look on her face. It wasn't Bora.

"I'm sorry. It seems I confused you for someone else," Jungkook bowed apologetically. He was sure that it was Bora. It seemed like he was wrong.

After turning around and walking the opposite way, he let out a tired sigh.

"I'm going crazy," he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

As his figure shrunk in the distance, Bora peered out of the underground stairs, relieved that he had left.

"That was close," her body visibly relaxed. "How could I have been careless?" She shook her head in disappointment. Pulling the strings on her hoodie, she securely tightened it and began walking back home.

"I'm never buying my brother milk." She whistled as she trailed down the street.

///

"What took you so long?" Hoseok peered his head out of the kitchen doorway when he heard the front door click open.

"You should be grateful that I even got them at all," Jungkook grumbled at his older friend, taking his shoes and placing the bag on the table.

"Didn't you bring— I knew I could count on you," Yoongi grinned as he took the olive oil out of the bag. "I needed this." He didn't say anything after that.

"You're welcome!" Jungkook yelled across the living room in annoyance. 

Hoseok has retreated back to the kitchen, leaving the younger one alone. Jungkook didn't have much to do so his only option was to turn on the tv. He hoped something interesting would be airing, maybe the current drama he was watching. Jungkook mentally crossed his fingers.

"Aish," Jungkook poked his inner cheek with his tongue, a gesture he often did when he was annoyed.

He knew Taehyung and Jimin would be coming any minute so Jungkook decided it would be best to leave it on the sport's channel, more specifically, the UFC matches. Taehyung was obsessed. And just his luck, Yook Sungjae's match from last week was being aired again.

Jungkook wasn't really into the sports culture. Sure, he did kickboxing on occasion, that was always fun for him, but he wasn't a fan of any team or athlete. He could care less to be honest. His passion was found in music.

"He hits him with a roundhouse right to the stomach!" The sportscaster exclaimed in delight.

Jungkook briefly took his eyes off his phone and onto the screen.

"He sure knows how to leave his opponents bruised," Jungkook talked to himself, focusing his attention back onto his phone. He found the vine compilation more interesting.

"The sibling duo will have a back to back match in two weeks! Yook Sungjae vs. Li Wei and Yook Bora vs. Mei Xiang! Who will win? Place your bets now!" A charming smile grew on the commenter's lips before the screen panned out to a discussion among reports.

Jungkook's attention briefly shifted toward the screen.

Bora.

He wasn't sure if it really had been Bora earlier. He could have sworn he saw her face underneath the black hood. Jungkook might have miscalculated. It was obvious that he had been wrong. The lady that had turned around didn't look like Bora, not in the slightest.

Jungkook didn't know why, but he had this inexplicable desire to call her. Before he knew it, he had already called her.

"Hello?" A deep voice was heard on the other end. Jungkook visibly flinched from surprise.

"Hello?" The voice repeated again

Had he called the right number? Jungkook doubled checked and he did. It was Bora's number but it was obviously not her voice.

Panicking, Jungkook tried to quickly come up with a plan.

"Taehyung?" He faked confusion.

"No."

"Sorry, wrong number." Jungkook hangs up and throws his phone across the couch.

"This is what I get for being stupid," Jungkook pulls at the ends of his hair in frustration. "Aish."

"Jungkook, have a bite of this apple pie. I think it's salty but Hoseok insists that it's fine," Yoongi pops out of the kitchen door in his black apron, Hoseok trailing behind him.

"He's exaggerating, Jungkook," Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Tell him— why are your ears red?" Hoseok glances at the boy who walks right past him.

"Now's not the time, hyungs," Jungkook groans as he walks into one of the bedrooms, shutting the door behind him.

"What's his problem?" Hoseok scoffed. "This ungrateful brat—"

"Probably girl problems," Yoongi shrugged before walking back into the kitchen.

"You've noticed too?" Hoseok laughs.

"It's obvious.  Only a fool wouldn't be able to notice it," Yoongi scoffs as he places the lollipop in between his lips.

"Jungkook doesn't even realize." Hoseok sighed, a small smile on his face.

"My point exactly," Yoongi smirked as he went back to baking his apple pie.

///

"I'm heading out!" Bora rushes down the stairs in search of her phone. Elijah had texted her if she wanted to hang out and she said yes. Even if she was tired, she couldn't say no to her.

"Here," Sungjae passed her the phone with a confused expression written on his face.

"You okay?" Bora nudged his shoulder slightly causing Sungjae's attention to shift back on her.

"This Jungkook guy called you on the phone. It turned out he called the wrong number," Sungjae shrugged, going back to drinking his soda.

"Really?" Bora was puzzled as she searched through her call history and found his name on the top of it.

"Maybe he wanted to call one of the guys. He doesn't call me much."

"Who knows?" Sungjae picked up his keys as he headed out the door. "I'm going to Sooyoung's house. Want me to drop you off on my way there?"

"I was hoping you'll ask," Bora grinned as she followed behind him and locked the door to her house. But she couldn't help but wonder if Jungkook did really want to call her.