| 52 |

(unedited)

///

He wasn't even sure what he was doing. As soon as the ambulance came to the scene, his mind went blank. Taehyung was dragged into the vehicle as he witnessed the paramedics so their job. The ride wasn't long, given that the building wasn't far from the hospital. Soon, Bora was rushed out with Taehyung following close behind.

"Has she suffered a serious injury?" The doctor asked Taehyung as he pushed the stretcher toward the emergency room.

"I don't know," Taehyung stumbled over his words. "Some men were going after her and then I saw she was bleeding before she collapsed."

The doctor nodded, signaling the rest of the crew to take Bora inside the ER. Turning around, he looked at the young lad. "Are you a guardian?"

Taehyung frowned. "No, but-"

"Thank you for calling in. We'll contact her family immediately, the man bowed, leaving the hallway before Taehyung could say another word.

Taehyung let out a frustrated sigh, kicking the wall in anger.

"Why must things always go wrong?"

///

"What?!" Sungjae sat up as soon as he heard the news. "Is she alright? What happened?" Sungjae forced himself to stand up, already making up his mind about his next move. "I need to go see her."

"Sir, it's best if you stay and rest. She's already stable. We'll update you on everything," the doctor began to speak but Sungjae cut him off. "You'll have to force me to stay in this room," his voice was low, indicating how serious he was. "My baby sister is hurt and I would like to go see her. Now," his eyes met his manager.

"Very well, sir," the doctor whispered as he stepped to the side, giving room for Sungjae to walk out of the room.

After walking through the back entrance as a way to avoid detection, Sungjae pulled back the curtain, immediately cursing when he saw the wrapping around her head. "Oh, Bora." His voice came out shaky and he could tell he was on the verge of tears. "I should have gone with you. I'm such an idiot," he shook his head.

"You're okay, right?" he whispered, delicately caressing her head. "Please be okay, hmm?" The boy hummed, wanting to get some sort of reaction. "Please?" He knew she was unconscious but he hoped she would hear him.

"We've got to get him, okay? He needs to pay for doing this to you," his hands formed a fist, knuckles ghost white as his grip tightened on the bedding.

"Sir," the doctor coughed, wanting to let him know of his presence. "We've notified your father. He's on his way."

Sungjae didn't bother looking at him, preferring to look at his sister instead, searching for something that might indicate that she's waking up. "Where was she found?"

"She was found near the UFC headquarters, sir." Sungjae sighed, palms covering his eyes. He already suspected it but hearing it just makes him feel worse. His dad was sure to demand some type of explanation.

"A young lad found her and called for help," the doctor continued.

"Is he still here?" He asked while he attempted to warm up his sister's hands.

"I don't think so. He must have gone by now—"

"Actually, the young man is still waiting outside the ER," a young nurse commented. "He's been sitting outside for the past hour."

Sungjae raised a brow. A stranger would have gone home by now.

"I should go thank him," he whispered.