| 59 |

(unedited)

/// 

Yugyeom raised a brow at Jungkook's sudden entrance into his building. A smirk grew on his lips as his body leaned back against the chair.

This should be interesting.

"Asking for another favor? You're not the type to ask me for more than one or two things," he raised a brow, twirling his pen between his fingers. "Did your friend get into more trouble?" Yugyeom asked, seeing Jungkook's tense face. "My men would have notified me if that were the case," he continued, seeing that Jungkook seemed to be spacing out.

"No, this doesn't have to do with Taehyung," Jungkook sighed. "I'm talking about someone else."

"I don't see why I should be concerned with anyone else," Yugyeom gave him a weird look. "Unless one of your other friends got entangled into this whole mess, which I can't even fathom how that would be possible unless they are asking for trouble. If that's the case you seriously need to hang out with a new bunch," he continued to rant.

Seeing that Jungkook still wore the same expression, his playful demeanor vanished.

"Oh shit. You're serious," he took his feet off the table, sitting up straighter. "You sure your friends aren't leading a double life or something? How the hell did they manage to get involved with Minjae?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "No, that's not it," he scoffed. "I think Minjae is after my friend because of me."

"Because of you?" Yugyeom's eyes turned cold. "What did you do?" He was already thinking the worst.

"Nothing along the lines you're thinking about," Jungkook muttered, already seeing his accusatory glare. "I think he knows I'm working for you. He might have caught me somehow when I was in his office," Jungkook tried to think of a possible explanation. "All I know is that he must know somehow, and is trying to get back at me."

"He wouldn't go as far as to target someone you care about. He may target you, but target someone else just to spite you? I don't think so," Yugyeom shook his head. "If anything, he'll target you just to get back at me."

"He has a point," BamBam commented.

"This is serious, Yugyeom," Jungkook glared.

"I am being serious," Yugyeom scoffed. "Have you considered the possibility that your friend might somehow be involved with Minjae?" Yugyeom had a particular person in mind.

BamBam cast a glance at his friend, eyes warning him against saying anything else. He knew Yugyeom was thinking of Haneul.

"Not possible," Jungkook scoffed, shaking his head at the idea. "She's not like that."

Yugyeom sighed.

"Does she have a name?"

Jungkook stiffened at that. "Rather not," Jungkook gave a quick answer.

Yugyeom raised a brow. "How do you expect me to help someone when I don't even know their name?"

BamBam observed Jungkook's stance, speaking up soon after. "It's her, isn't it? The girl we bumped into the other day."

Jungkook glared at the blue-haired man.

BamBam rolled his eyes.

"You're not very good at keeping a neutral face, Jungkook."

Yugyeom cast a glance towards his friend, waiting for a response. BamBam noticed, taking a second to decide before giving him a short nod.

"Fine," Yugyeom sighed. "I'll send some men to you. You'll deal with the rest," he pushed himself off the chair, standing up before walking out of his office. BamBam was only a step behind. "Just make sure to stay out of my way."