| 22 |

I'm literally updating this before I go to bed lol.

///

Neither of them could have imagined themselves in this predicament. Both stayed silent, hoping that the other would say something, anything.

The moment that Bora heard the last footstep in the hall, Bora gently pushed Jungkook off of her.

This was getting awkward.

"Let's get out of here," was all she was able to say. Bora could feel herself turn red due to the close proximity but she ignored it.

"Yeah," Jungkook sighed. He felt like an idiot. It really wasn't Jungkook's day. As he attempted to increase the distance between them, he tripped over the mop. He didn't do it on purpose, it was almost instinctively. Not wanting to fall, he grabbed Bora's wrist in order to stabilize himself. It would have worked, but Bora was shocked by the sudden movement. She didn't have a chance to stabilize herself. Jungkook's weight ended up pulling her into his lap.

At the speed of light, both of them flushed tomato red.

That was it.

Bora stood up right away, using her hands to cover her face before she stepped out of the small room.

Why am I so embarrassed?!

Millions of thoughts invaded her head, trying to make sense of her reaction.

I can't possibly like him, right?

Sure, she started to feel small butterflies in her stomach whenever he was near, but that didn't mean anything. At least, that's what she tried telling herself.

Bora didn't remember when she started feeling this way. Could it have been when they had a sincere conversation on the Ferris wheel? Or was it his protective behavior that he displayed the night the group went to the club for Jimin's birthday?

Damn, I think I do like him.

Fuck.

When the door creaked open, Bora immediately stopped attempting to cool down her face.

"Sorry that I got us in this mess," Jungkook shyly rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact with the girl in front of him.

"Yeah—want to go back?" Bora built up the courage to ask the question, not wanting him to notice the blush that stained her cheeks.

"Hm? Sure, I think that's best." He gave a quick smile before walking ahead down the hallway. If anyone was paying close attention to the boy they would see that his ears were red.

Bora definitely did, and it made her question whether he was embarrassed by the situation or because of another reason.

When both managed to sneak their way back into the room without being noticed, the door opened a few minutes later.

To say that they weren't startled would be an understatement. Both were anxious and as soon as they saw the swift motion of the teacher, papers flew everywhere.

"What are you guys up to?" The teacher's eyes narrowed.

Seeing the sight, it would be reasonable to assume that the kids were up to no good. Bora's eyes were wide and her hair was messy. Jungkook's ears were red and his hands were shaking.

"Don't let me interrupt," the teacher muttered sarcastically.

Bora was oblivious to what the teacher was implying but Jungkook's ears turned even redder.