Prologue

Bora lazily sat on the couch, phone in one hand and a bowl of popcorn in the other. She wasn't in the mood for a tough workout, not today, not when the season has just ended. She aimlessly scrolled down, looking for anything to catch her attention. Bora knew she should start getting in shape soon. She and her brother only had a few months before they had to get to work. One day of relaxation won't hurt, right?

"Do you really have to tap your pencil against your desk?" Bora stopped chewing on her popcorn, eyes narrowed at her brother, finding the sound annoying. Sungjae merely grinned, giving a slight shrug.

"It helps me ease my anxiety." He turned his focus back to the homework in front of him. "It's annoying." She groaned. "You've been doing it for the past 15 minutes."

"Shouldn't you be doing your homework?" Sungjae retorted, giving her a look of disapproval. Bora gave a slight chuckle. "Unlike you, I don't leave things till the last minute. I finished Mrs. Brown's  assignment a few days ago."

Sungjae huffed in response, turning his back to face her. "Start training then."

"Let's give ourselves a break, we deserve it. We did climb up in the ranking this year." She smiled, knowing their father was proud of their accomplishments.

A shriek snapped her out of her thoughts. "Change the channel to CNN!" Sungjae's eyes were wide as he looked at his phone. "I can't believe it." He gave an enthusiastic laugh. 

"What's the big deal?" Bora looked at him weirdly as she grabbed the remote and changed it to channel four. 

As she was about to question his mental state, the reporter's voice filled up the room.

"It's been decided, folks!" Michael Wilbon slowly crossed his hands as he placed them in front of him.  "The CEO of the UFC has just announced the news we've all been waiting for." 

Bora held in her breath, excitement filling up her veins at the mention of the new UFC season. 

"That's right folks, this highly anticipated season will take place in South Korea!"

Screams were heard as both Sungjae and Bora jumped in excitement. However, they immediately stopped when hearing a figure enter the room.

"Dad," both of them mumbled, straightening themselves out. The middle-aged man gave out a warm smile, opening his arms to receive their hugs.

"That's right." He looked at the television, the smile never leaving his face. 

"We're finally going home."