four.

2012
Springfield, Ohio

Natasha and Kennedy walked through IKEA, looking at the furniture curiously. Kennedy stopped in front of a leather couch and tilted her head as she looked at it. Natasha noticed that the doctor was no longer beside her and stopped walking. She turned and found that Kennedy was staring at the leather couch thoughtfully.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Natasha asks as she steps up beside her.

Kennedy looks over at her, eyes scanning her from top to bottom, "I feel like you're a leather kind of girl?"

"Am I?" Natasha asks with a smirk as she quirks a single eyebrow. 

Kennedy laughs as she looks back at the couch, "I meant the couch."

Natasha watches as Kennedy's hand goes to her neck as she begins to fidget with the necklace that sat there. She'd noticed it when they were at dinner. It was an E, which she knew stood for the nickname that she'd hated. She probably got it as something to honor her father.

"Do you like it?" Kennedy asks, forcing Natasha to lift her gaze. She looks over at the couch. It was leather and she did like leather. It was expensive, but it wasn't as though Natasha couldn't afford it.

"I do," Natasha states, "You have a good eye."

"Thank you," Kennedy says with a smile. She claps happily, "Okay so you have a couch! Time to get everything else that you need. Which is actually a lot."

"Hey, don't tell me you're giving up on me now," Natasha says, "Especially after you found this wonderful leather couch."

"I'm not a quitter," Kennedy says, "Come on let's go look at beds."

Kennedy wiggles her eyebrows as she takes off in the direction of the section of the bedroom furniture. Natasha watches her with a smile as she follows after her. It reminded her of the days when they were kids, and she would follow Kennedy to the ends of the world.

"Beds," Kennedy says, "So many choices. What makes a good bed?"

"Good company," Natasha says as green eyes look over at Kennedy, wanting to see her reaction. She couldn't help but flirt with the beautiful woman.

Kennedy glances at her amused, "And what company do you intend to keep in your bed?"

"Haven't decided yet," Natasha replies.

"Well, you better figure it out," Kennedy says as she motions towards the bed, "Because you have a decision to make."

"Why don't you pick out the bed," Natasha suggests, "You did good with the couch."

"Why do I feel like I'm picking things out and you're just paying for it?" Kennedy asks.

"Because that was kind of the plan," Natasha says with a coy smile. Kennedy glares at her and Natasha keeps talking, "It's just I feel like you could have been an interior designer in another life."

"Right," Kennedy responds.

Natasha decides to make an attempt, "Fine, um how about we go with a black theme? Black leather couch, black bed frame-"

"You want black walls too?" Kennedy asks playfully.

"See I was trying to do it myself and you made fun of me."

"No," Kennedy says as she rests a hand on Natasha's shoulder, "You were doing good. I'm sorry, black everything sounds great."

"Honestly?" Natasha asks.