twenty-six.

2015
Manhattan, New York

Months later, Tony builds a new Avenger's facility which truly expanded the work of the Avengers. They'd put a memorial to Pietro, a garden with a little fountain, where Wanda spent a lot of her time, probably to feel closer to her brother.

Tony had also recruited Helen Cho and a team of scientists to do research. And to Kennedy's fortune and dismay, Reagan had successfully scored herself an internship with Tony which meant she was about to become insufferable.

"I'm sorry," Tony tells her as they're walking through the facility, "But she can program nanotech. The kid should be at MIT, not Columbia."

"She was accepted, she chose Columbia because it's closer to you," Kennedy responds, "Just don't have her do anything stupid."

"You have my word," Tony tells her as he smiles at one of his employees, "How's Wanda been?"

"Good," Kennedy answers, "But she's still not ready."

"That's fine," Tony says, "Have you heard the new Avenger's roster? Barton tells me that you had a couple of picks."

"Rhodey, Sam, Vision," Kennedy states, "I thought maybe Alex but she's not leaving Sharon alone in D.C.."

"Never say never," Tony mutters, "She's on as a consultant, nothing more."

"Makes sense," Kennedy replies, "So does this mean you're taking a step back?"

"It does," Tony says as he holds a door open for Kennedy, leading to a room, "Thor and Banner are heading into space to look for the stones on neighboring planets. Space stone is on Asgard, and they think they've got a hit on the Power stone. Some planet called Xandar."

"Bruce?" Kennedy asks curiously, "Why?"

"Banner thinks he'd be better off in space and Thor can knock him around if the other guy comes out," Tony shrugs, "I don't know, I feel like it makes sense. Muscle and brain taking care of the stones."

"Good point. So, we know the whereabouts of three of the stones," Kennedy says, "It's a good thing we have one right here with us."

"Protection and it can help us understand the properties of the Infinity Stones a little better," Tony tells her, "The best thing to do might be to destroy them."

Tony heads over to a desk and grabs a magazine and holds it out to Kennedy. She peers down at it and laughs, "Time Magazine's Team of the Year. Wow," she looks at Tony, "Is it a good idea for Earth's Mightiest Heroes to sit down for an interview?"

"Probably not," Tony tells her, "But we were feeling generous, and the public knows most of our identities. So, what harm could it bring?"

Kennedy smiles as she flips through the pages. There were pictures from the Attack on New York, and Kennedy wondered if these photos would somehow find their way into history textbooks.

There were profiles on all of the Avengers, excluding Clint who had an identity to maintain and had honestly retired from the Avengers with the birth of Nathaniel. She flipped over to Natasha's page and smiled at the picture of her.

"You're on Natasha's page, aren't you?" Tony asks.

"I am," Kennedy responds, "She's so cute doing her little poses. She's my little poser."

Tony chuckles, "Well I want you to know that your house is taken care of. Actually, both of them."

"What?" Kennedy asks as she looks up from the magazine, "What houses?"