twenty-one.

2015
Manhattan, New York

The party dies down and the group finds themselves upstairs. Kennedy hands Natasha a beer before taking a seat on Natasha's lap, wrapping her arm around the back of Nat's neck. Natasha steals a kiss from Kennedy, resting her hand in Kennedy's lap, fingers tracing over her bare thigh.

"Ugh we get it, you two like each other," Tony says as he walks over and places his hand between Natasha and Kennedy's faces. Everyone laughs and Kennedy slides off of Natasha's laps and takes a seat on the couch beside her.

"That's better," Tony says, "Now on to more compelling issues."

Thor's hammer sits at the center of the table and all of them stare at it. Thor holds his hand up as though telling everyone to go for it.

"It has to have like a biometrical scan," Tony states, "Some way to recognize that you are its owner."

"Or," Thor says, "None of you are worthy."

Tony scoffs as he stands, "I move this hammer and I get to be King of Asgard?"

"Yes," Thor replies.

"Okay," Tony says as he gets a firm grasp of the hammer. Kennedy takes a sip of her beer and watches as Tony struggles to get the hammer off the table. He lets go of the handle and holds up a finger before heading out of the room.

"Where's he going?" Kennedy asks.

"To suit up," Steve tells her and Kennedy laughs.

When Tony returns, he isn't wearing his Iron Man suit, but rather just the gauntlet. He wraps his hand around the handle and yanks with his strength.

"Rhodey," Tony states, "Help me out, man."

Rhodey sighs as he gets the gauntlet of his War machine suit before coming over and trying to help.

"This is so entertaining," Kennedy mutters.

"Are you not enjoying the battle of the male ego?" Maria asks her.

"Not really, no," Kennedy says, "I would rather move my sister into her college dorm again."

Maria chuckles, "Hey so when are you going to host your next game night?"

"After what happened last time, I'm not so sure that's a good idea," Kennedy says, looking over at Natasha.

"Don't look at me, I was on my best behavior."

"You were not!" Maria exclaims, "You almost killed me."

"You kept making me draw four," Natasha says with a shrug, "I didn't like that."

"See?" Kennedy says, "Games were not meant for trained assassins and superhumans. But you know what just might be? Just Dance! When Reagan was packing her stuff, we found the old Wii and we have Just Dance so that might be something we can do."

"I love Just Dance," Maria says, "We used to play it in the SHIELD training facility until Alexandria accidentally let go of the Wii remote and put a hole in the TV."

"What?" Kennedy asks surprised. Alexandria was fit but put a hole in the TV kind of strong? That was kind of scary and also kind of cool.

"Yeah," Maria says, "Anyway I would totally be down for Just Dance, just don't invite Natasha."

"I'm her fiancé, I'm automatically invited," Natasha says.

"Well-" Natasha glares at her and Kennedy laughs, "I'm kidding!"

She leans close to Maria, "We can wait until they go on a mission-"

"I heard that," Natasha says with a smile and Kennedy smiles innocently at her.