forty-six.

2018
Manhattan, New York

Yelena walked into the Avenger's facility, confused as to why there seemed to be more people there than usual. She paused as she walked by the supposed God of Thunder who towered over her. She glanced at him curiously before heading into a room where Wanda, Vision, and Natasha were sitting.

Yelena entered the room hesitantly as Wanda seemed focused, her fingers moving in their usual manner as she messed with the stone in Vision's head.

"I'm still not picking up on anything," Wanda states as she opens her eyes, "But there's a connection between me and the stone. It's kind of like it is whispering to me. You say that we can't destroy the stones?"

"Stephen Strange says that we can't," Natasha says, "And so far he has the most knowledge on how they work."

"I – I think Vision's stone wants me to destroy it," Wanda says, "I mean I may be wrong, but when I communicate with it, that's what it's telling me."

"The stone is part of this universe," Natasha says, "It can't be destroyed. Or all aspects of mind in the universe will cease to exist."

"That isn't exactly true," Vision voices, and Wanda and Natasha glance at him, "Wanda was the only person to come in direct contact with the stone at its full power and survive. In a way, the power of the stone exists within her."

"Meaning that we could technically destroy the Mind Stone because Wanda exists as one?" Natasha asks.

"Okay," Yelena interrupts, getting the attention of everyone in the room, "What the hell is going on? Why are there so many people here today?"

"Yelena," Natasha says as she stands from her seat, "What are you doing here?"

"I went to your house, and no one was there. Mom and Dad are touring the city and Aunt Meredith is out with Reagan. I came here to see if you were working and then I saw the god in the hallway, and he's been in space for like three years and now he's suddenly here. Is there something going on? What are these stones?"

Wanda looks over at Natasha who sighs, "Um let's go for a walk."

"A walk?" Yelena asks, "Why do we need to go for a walk, just tell me what's going on. I'm not a child you don't need to coddle me."

"Okay," Natasha states, "There are six Infinity Stones. They control an aspect of life in this universe. Used together they can bring absolute destruction. Someone is after them."

Yelena glances over at Wanda, "Your powers came from the stone in Vision's head?"

"Yeah," Wanda tells her.

"I believe that because Wanda had pure exposure from the stone and can do the things that the stone does, she could be considered a living entity of the stone," Vision shares.

"Can you live without the stone?" Wanda asks him.

"Frankly I'm not sure," Vision states, "The stone is a part of me so I truly don't believe that I can exist without it."

"Then we're not destroying the stone," Natasha states.

"Miss. Romanoff with all due respect, if my life is the last thing standing between Thanos killing half of the population, I will gladly give it. One life is not worth that much. I am not even truly alive."

"Yes you are," Wanda tells him, "You may not have a beating heart, but you're human in every way that matters. You have feelings and you care about us, and we care about you. So we're going to find a way to remove that stone."