forty-nine.

2018
Manhattan, New York

Thanksgiving was ruined that year thanks to Kennedy's water breaking. The good thing was that everyone was already in town when the triplets were born which meant that from the second they entered the world, they knew that they were loved.

"They have so much hair," Kennedy says softly as she plays with the auburn locks that sat on Franklin's head. Kennedy liked to think that he was Natasha's doppelganger, whereas Elena and Diana looked more so like her. Dark hair and beautiful green eyes.

"You know we don't have bald babies," her mother says as she holds Diana looking down at her sleeping face. Kennedy smiles as she looks up over at Natasha who was staring at Elena as though she were the fifth wonder of the world.

"Hope you guys didn't plan on eating the rest of dinner because Thor did," Melina says as she enters the room, "Oh look at that little face and those cheeks! Your babies are fat."

Kennedy's brow furrows as she looks at Melina, "They are not fat! They are a healthy weight."

"Fat babies are good," Melina says, "They're cuter."

"We need a picture," Meredith says as she hands Diana over to Melina, "I'm gonna go get Tony."

Kennedy smiles as she watches her mom walk into the hallway. She looks over at Natasha, "Babe?"

"Hm?" Natasha asks as she stares at Elena.

"Would you like to look at any of your other children?"

Natasha looks up and smiles on her lips, "Sorry. She's just so tiny and cute."

"I know," Kennedy says, "They're all tiny and cute."

"I agree," Melina says as she rocks Diana gently, "Normally newborns are hideous, but these three are absolutely adorable."

Kennedy looks over at Natasha, a smile on her lips, "You hear that babe, our newborns aren't ugly."

Natasha laughs just as Meredith returns with Tony trailing behind her. She hands him her phone and then a camera.

"I want good pictures, Anthony."

"Yes ma'am," Tony says, making Kennedy laugh.

Meredith stands at Kennedy's bedside, a wide grin on her lips as she posed next to her daughter. Tony took a couple of pictures on the phone and then a few with the camera. He then gave both to Meredith who scrolled through them.

"Oh Kennedy darling, we're going to have to photoshop your face."

"Mom," Kennedy says, "I literally just gave birth three times. That's already more than you. Of course, I'm going to look a little questionable."

"I think you look gorgeous," Natasha says and Kennedy glances at her with a smile.

"Yes," Tony says, "Downright beautiful. Now, where's my boy?"

"He's right here," Kennedy says, and Tony comes over and looks at Franklin a smile on his lips.

"It seems that he bears a resemblance to Natasha, but we can work with that. A little hair dye should do, and he has your eyes so no need to fix that," Tony says, and Kennedy slaps him on the shoulder.

"My son is perfect," Kennedy says, "And your kid would be lucky to date him."

"My kid is going to be too cool for your kid," Tony retorts.

Kennedy grins, "I can already picture it now, your kid getting bullied, Elena, Franklin, and Diana being popular and having to save them. From there a lifelong bond forms, but only because your kid got bullied for being lame."