fifty-nine.

2023
Manhattan, New York

Franklin Allen-Romanoff rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he followed his mom downstairs. As he entered the kitchen, he saw an unfamiliar adult sitting there and let out a gasp as he hid behind Natasha.

"Stranger danger!"

"That is not a stranger," Natasha tells her son, "That is your grandfather."

"Grandpa Franklin?"

"Your other grandpa," Natasha says and Franklin tilts his little head curiously at her.

"I have another grandpa?"

Alexei looks at Natasha sadly, "You didn't tell him about me?"

Natasha looks at him sympathetically, "I'm really sorry dad."

"No, it is okay," Alexei says, "I understand. I'm not cool like everyone else."

"Okay now I feel bad," Franklin says as he looks at his mom. He makes his way over to Alexei, looking up at the big man with a smile, "I know who you are, dedulya. Mama just wanted to mess with you."

Alexei glares at Natasha who smiles as she pours herself a cup of coffee, "Whoops."

Alexei looks at his grandson, "What do you like to do? Fighting on playground? Crushing your enemies in sports?"

Franklin grins, "I like giving hugs! And playing with Legos!"

Alexei nods his head with a smile, "Hugs are good. Come give me one."

Franklin climbs into Alexei's lap as he hugs the older man. Alexei smiles as he holds the young boy close, planting a kiss on the top of his head.

"You're going to have to tell her," Wanda says, "You can't hide your girlfriend from your sister."

"You'd be surprised what I can do," Anya responds.

"Wanda says that you were gaslighting me last night," Diana says from Wanda's arms, "Is that true?"

Anya blinks at the five-year-old, "Do you even know what gaslighting means?"

"You were manipulating me into thinking that you and Kate weren't dating when I know that you are," Diana insists.

Anya looks at Wanda, "Why did you teach her that? Now she's going to use the word and her teachers are going to be concerned."

"I'm sorry," Wanda apologizes, "I just didn't realize that talking with Diana would be like talking to an adult."

"Mommy says I'm mature for my age," Diana says with a proud smile that slowly slips away, "She also said she's worried about me."

"Do you like anything that regular five-year-olds like?" Wanda asks.

"No," Diana answers, "I think I was born in the wrong generation."

Wanda laughs, "You and I are going to watch TV together and I am going to expose you to some really awesome cartoons."

As they enter the kitchen, Franklin's eyes light up, "Hi Aunt Anya! Hi Aunt Wanda! We used to go in your room!"

Wanda laughs, "Diana told me that you all did that."

"I'm really sorry we invaded your privacy. We just wanted to get to know you. Our mommies loved you a lot," Franklin says and Wanda's heart warms at the words, "Also what's a Sleeping Siren?"

"It's a band," Wanda tells him, "Sleeping with Sirens. I used to be really into it a long time ago."

"So like yesterday?" Anya asks.