post-credit #1

2024
Staten Island, New York

"What do you think of The Widow?" Kennedy asks as she looks at the notepad in hand.

She and Natasha were in bed after wrangling the kids through their night routine which was a harder task in the summer since there was no school to keep them occupied or drain them of their energy.

"I was thinking that it could have a hint of cinnamon and mocha and sweetener so it could be sweet, just like you."

Natasha smiles as she looks over at Kennedy who grins at her.

"I love it," Natasha says.

"Great," Kennedy says as she writes on the notepad, "Because the alternate for the Widow was a very bitter coffee."

Natasha's smile slips away, "Do you think me to be bitter?"

"No," Kennedy responds, "I just feel like you remind me of really sweet coffee or really bitter coffee. There's no between."

"Not even with light cream and sugar?"

"No," Kennedy says, "That's Steve."

Natasha sighs, "You're right."

Kennedy lets out a gasp as she shoves the notepad to the side and pulls out her phone and goes to her text messages, "Marin sent me the cutest video of James today. He's crawling around and soon he's going to be throwing shields at people!"

Natasha chuckles as she plants a gentle kiss to Kennedy's shoulder and rests her chin on it as she pulls up the video. With a wide smile, Kennedy turns her phone sideways to show Steve sitting on the floor across from James, waving his son over.

James lets out a giggle as his little hands and feet slap at the floor as he makes his way over to Steve. He climbs into his father's lap and Marin and Steve cheer. Steve picks his son up, holding him in the air and planting a kiss to his cheek.

Natasha's eyes shift from the screen over to Kennedy who was watching the video happily.

"Let's have another baby."

Kennedy's brows furrow and she locks her phone and drops it on the bed as she looks over at Natasha, "What?"

"Let's have another baby," Natasha says, "I mean we can do it since I'm not Avenging anymore. I can be a stay-at-home wife and mom. And the kids are older and everyone's back, so we have a plethora of babysitters again."

"Nat," Kennedy says softly, "I'm thirty-eight. That's a high-risk pregnancy and do you think the kids would want another sibling?"

"Franklin would love to be a big brother," Natasha says as she looks up at Kennedy, "Come on, don't you want another little one running around here?"

"I do like babies," Kennedy mutters.

"Mhm," Natasha says as she leans in and kisses Kennedy.

"But," Kennedy says as she pulls away from the kiss, looking at Natasha, "We're old. You're forty. I'm thirty-eight. We can't have a baby. We'll be so old. And there are so many risks! I mean what if the baby has down syndrome? That happens when you're old and you give birth."

"Then we'll still love them because they're our kid," Natasha says, "And I feel like you're forgetting that you're technically a super-soldier which means you're genetically perfect. So, you don't have the issues a normal woman would have."

"I feel weird talking about my fertility," Kennedy mutters with a pout on her lips, and Natasha lets out a laugh.

"Okay then if you don't want to have a baby would you maybe want to adopt?" Natasha asks, "I mean you love strays."