fifty-six.

2023
Vormir

Kennedy tried her best not to look out the window of the spaceship like a child at Christmas, but she couldn't help it. She'd never expected to go to space, she honestly had never expected she'd leave Ohio, and yet she did. Here she was. In space.

She looks over at Natasha who was staring out of the window in silence. Natasha hadn't looked at her, or so much as spoken to her since last night.

Kennedy looks over away from Natasha and sighs, "You're mad at me."

"What would have given you that idea?" Natasha asks.

"The silent treatment?" Kennedy asks, "It's very silent."

"That's why it's called a silent treatment," Natasha responds.

"Oh look, seems we're here," Rhodey says as they land. Kennedy looks out of the window and she and Natasha get out of the spaceship as Nebula works to get the lifeboat ship out. Kennedy looks around and frowns.

"I think earth is prettier," Kennedy says as she looks over at Natasha, "What do you think?"

"I think you should still be on earth," Natasha responds.

"Oh my gosh," Kennedy says as she looks around, "Do you see any bad guys? Is anyone shooting at us? Is there an alien?"

Just as Kennedy says that a lizard-like creature runs up and looks up at her. She looks down at it with a smile before it hisses at her. Startled, Kennedy kicks the lizard, sending it flying.

She looks up at Natasha, "Forget the part about the aliens."

"Alright," Rhodey says as he comes over, "This is where we part ways."

Kennedy hugs Rhodey and then Natasha does the same. Nebula watches them from the distance and Kennedy smiles as she walks over to her, extending a hand out to Nebula, "Take care of yourself, okay?"

Nebula looks at Kennedy's hand and then back at her, hesitantly placing her hand in Kennedy's and giving it a firm shake, "You too."

Kennedy smiles, "There are other types of coffee you should try. If you'd like I could show them to you? I kind of want to open a coffee shop."

Nebula's lips curve up in a shy and yet small smile, "I would like to try your coffee."

"Okay," Kennedy says with a smile.

"The coordinates for Vormir are in the ship," Nebula informs her, "Good luck."

"Thanks," Kennedy responds. She and Natasha spare Nebula and Rhodey one last wave before getting on the spaceship. Natasha looked around before taping something on the screen as he jumps through space.

"Whoa," Kennedy says as she looks out the windshield. She looks over at Natasha to see if she was as impressed and she was, "You have to admit this is kind of cool and kind of romantic."

"Romantic?" Natasha asks, brows furrowing.

"Yeah," Kennedy says, "I mean who else can say that they've gone on a date to another planet?"

"Thor and Jane," Natasha answers.

Kennedy rolls her eyes, "Okay Nat."

Natasha looks over at Kennedy with a small smile, but it slips away, "Your mom is worried about you."

"And your daughter is worried about you," Kennedy responds.

"I would have been fine," Natasha responds, "I did this before I met you and I was fine."