forty-seven.

2018
Wakanda

"Carter, Taylor, and Madison."

"What?" Kennedy asks as she looks over at Natasha while they were sitting in Shuri's lab, watching as she was beginning to remove the stone from Vision's head. Peter and Anya were talking softly amongst themselves.

"Baby names," Natasha tells her, "They're president's last names. Thought we might continue the tradition."

"And the best ones you found were Carter, Taylor, and Madison?"

"Well, if you'd like to name our kid Fillmore, McKinley or Nixon, be my guest."

"Absolutely not," Kennedy states, "I really like Carter, but it is ruined by Reagan's freaking ex-boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend?" Wanda asks, perking up at the word.

Kennedy snorts as she looks over at Wanda, "That's what you pick up on?"

Wanda shrugs, "It's an interesting topic."

"Reagan and Carter broke up," Kennedy says, "Do with that information what you will."

"Who are Reagan and Carter?" Shuri asks as she moves her fingers around a screen.

"My sister is Reagan," Kennedy shares, "Her ex is Carter."

"We didn't really like him," Anya adds.

Shuri laughs, "And now you are potentially naming your child after him?"

"Not after him," Kennedy states, "After President Jimmy Carter. It's an inside joke in my family since my sister and I both have names that are presidential last names."

"I like Taylor," Peter says, "Like Taylor Swift."

"Eh," Anya says shrugging her shoulder, "She's okay."

"You don't like Taylor?" Shuri asks.

Anya looks at her curiously, "You like Taylor?"

"Yeah what's not to like?" Shuri asks, "My favorite things about American culture so far have been Starbucks, Drake, and Taylor Swift."

"Taylor and Drake are a strange combo," Anya says, "But at the same time they make sense."

"Oh!" Shuri exclaims, "Have either of you seen Degrassi?"

"Not yet but it's on my watchlist," Anya says.

"Ned and I may have watched the first seven seasons," Peter says with a casual shrug.

"Did you like Emma and Sean together?" Shuri asks, "Oh, and who is your favorite character?"

"I love Manny," Peter says, "And I also like JT."

"Crazy what happened to JT right?" Shuri asks.

"So crazy," Peter says, "Hey if you like Degrassi, you should totally watch this show called Glee."

"Kate likes Glee," Anya says before her jaw drops, "Holy shit, I have to call Kate!"

Anya pulls her phone out of her pocket before heading out of the lab. Shuri moves her fingers on the screen as she begins detaching the wires connecting Vision and the Mind Stone. Kennedy watches as Shuri works and grows restless.

"I'm going to go outside," Kennedy tells Natasha. She pushes off of the wall she was leaning on and heads out of Shuri's lab.

She makes her way out of the building, staring up at the bright blue sky. It was such a beautiful day and Kennedy had learned she was going to be a mother to three beautiful babies. She should be celebrating. This should have been the happiest day of her life.